WORST song survivor: how to dismantle an atomic bomb (round one)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

please vote OFF your favourite song.

• vertigo

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • miracle drug

Votes: 19 15.7%
  • sometimes you can't make it on your own

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • love and peace or else

Votes: 15 12.4%
  • city of blinding lights

Votes: 38 31.4%
  • all because of you

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • a man and a woman

• crumbs from your table

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • one step closer

• original of the species

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • yahweh

• fast cars

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of great songs to choose from this round, but I've gotta go with City of Blinding Lights. I've loved it since I first heard it. Up there with my all-time favorites.

00Kevin said:
if this poll was held earlier i would have said cobl, but then i heard oots live

the rules say: you are to vote based on the studio version of that particular song. do not vote based on how it sounds live or how it sounded remixed.

just wanted to remind everyone of that. this is based on album versions only. :wink:

KhanadaRhodes said:

the rules say: you are to vote based on the studio version of that particular song. do not vote based on how it sounds live or how it sounded remixed.

just wanted to remind everyone of that. this is based on album versions only. :wink:

I was aware of that. I should have specified this. I never listened to this song until i heard it live at the show i was at. I loved it so much that i started listening to the studio version, which i liked even more than the live version. So it just took the live version of the song to get me into it.

I know COBL has gained followers with it's live performance, but this one has stayed the same... live or studio.. really hard to do... a beautiful song...

MIRACLE DRUG

PS: Khanada... this poll is all wrong... WHERE'S VERTIGO-2 ?? :mad:

Axver said:

Well, they were in the ballpark. Best song since Heartland is the correct response.

I'm going to just announce that Pop is the greatest album ever since people are making wild claims about a song that's not even the best on the album, let alone the best song since the overrated Heartland.

City of Blinding Lights is the best song since A Man and a Woman which is the best song since Vertigo which is the best song since Love and Peace or Else since Sometimes You Have A Really Long Song Title which is the best song since Original of the Species which is the best song since The Ground Beneath Her Feet.

Or maybe Beautiful Day.

I can't decide.

:eyebrow: Huh. More COBL fanatics then I expected. Whatever magic people hear in it, it's just doesn't click for me. At least LAPOE is second, and A Man And A Woman is last. :tongue:

Unless....all the AMAAW fans are also COBL fans, in which case all bets are off. :wink:

D-Bot said:
City of Blinding Lights

Best U2 song since Achtung Baby.

Correction - Best song. Ever. Peiod. :wink: I hope you all get the impression I like it. If not, look at my username, avatar, profile, etc.

Zootlesque said:
:lol: That was cruel. :tsk:

:wink:

It certainly was. But I was scared for a minute there. I thought she was serious :ohmy:

mobvok said:
Unless....all the AMAAW fans are also COBL fans, in which case all bets are off.

I'm a man and a woman.

Fan, that is. :wink: I think it's a great song.

This is how it should go -

Cit of Blinding Lights > Daylight second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth... > Miracle Drug > Yahweh/Sometimes/LAPOE/All Because of You. I haven't decided.

Can I vote for Vertigo twice?

I actually voted for Sometimes, but I wanted to be the first to use that joke.

EDIT: ....and I was beaten to it! Dang!

Yahweh... only 2 votes? :scratch:

I'd like to vote at least once for COBL, my 2nd favourite song on this album... but I have to go with Yahweh until it's gone.

edit: Top 30 I made yesterday:

Yahweh #12
City of Blinding Lights #18

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
MacPhistoPT said:
Yahweh... only 2 votes? :scratch:

I'd like to vote at least once for COBL, my 2nd favourite song on this album... but I have to go with Yahweh until it's gone.

edit: Top 30 I made yesterday:

Yahweh #12
City of Blinding Lights #18

:rolleyes:

Do you reckon that sometime in the future we would be able to see that entire list? :hyper:

Why is COBL not winning by more? :mad:

Ack! I'm still half-asleep here and I voted for my least favorite, One Step Closer. Khanada, can you change my vote to City of Blinding Lights? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom