WORST song survivor: champion!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
damnit we've got too many importants now. somebody unimportant this thread!

:grumpy:

OK, b-sides or not?

I vote yes to including b-sides for reasons I think I've already stated.

Those opposed, argue your opposition.

If we don't reach a consensus in 24 hours, I'll run an informal poll or something.

Actually, I'd prefer to reach the consensus/informal poll/whatever in less than 24 hours. Let's get this thing going.

I can't wait for Some Days Are Better Than Others to win the Zooropa round. :love:

I think b-sides should 'definatly' be included. It's a non-single survivor after all. B-sides aren't singles. I think you should also include songs with videos because they weren't released as singles.

Let's just start!

I don't think b-sides should be included. Why? I'll tell you why.

The Electric Co.
October
"40"
A Sort Of Homecoming
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Heartland
Ultraviolet(Light My Way)
Acrobat
Zooropa
Dirty Day
Kite
etc

Does anyone really believe that any b-side would win the competition when these, among others, are in the competition? They wouldn't! And therefore, including the b-sides just makes the whole thing needlessly long. Not every survivor series has to last for half a bloody year!

Also, this is a non-SINGLE survivor, and most b-sides came from SINGLES! They were PART OF the SINGLES!

NO B-SIDES!

Last edited:
I'm actually tempted to agree with namkcuR here, though mainly because I don't want to deal with a continual stream of "I haven't heard Boomerang I!" or "what song is Deep In The Heart?"

If everyone knew the songs, I would probably argue otherwise, but if they're included now, I just fear the voting may lose some validity as people will vote for songs they know and hate over songs they know nothing about.

I am going to go with the idea of removing the quasi-singles unless someone can present a very convincing argument to keep them. I think if U2 have gone to the expense and effort of making and releasing a video for a song, it pretty much has the stature of a single. (RHMT is of course excluded from quasi-single status as 1. its video was never released and 2. it was officially dumped as the second JT single. In contrast, UTEOTW had a released video that happens to be on the Best Of 1990-2000 DVD.)

These will be our current rounds. Please tell me if I am missing anything or accidentally included any singles.

BOY
Twilight
An Cat Dubh
Into The Heart
Stories For Boys
The Ocean
Another Time, Another Place
The Electric Co.
Shadows And Tall Trees

OCTOBER
I Fall Down
I Threw A Brick
Rejoice
Tomorrow
October
With A Shout
Stranger In A Strange Land
Scarlet
Is That All?

WAR
Seconds
Like A Song ...
Drowning Man
The Refugee
Red Light
Surrender

[Yes, 40 WAS a single, in Germany.]

THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE
Wire
Promenade
4th Of July
Indian Summer Sky
Elvis Presley And America
MLK

[This round will be good!]

THE JOSHUA TREE
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Red Hill Mining Town
Trip Through Your Wires
Exit
Mothers Of The Disappeared

RATTLE AND HUM
Van Diemen's Land
Hawkmoon 269
Love Rescue Me
Heartland

[Really short round but ... that'll get it completed faster, which is good?]

ACHTUNG BABY
Zoo Station
So Cruel
Tryin' To Throw Your Arms
Ultra Violet
Acrobat

ZOOROPA
Zooropa
Babyface
Daddy's Gonna Pay
Some Days Are Better Than Others
The First Time
Dirty Day
The Wanderer

POP
Do You Feel Loved
Miami
The Playboy Mansion
If You Wear That Velvet Dress
Wake Up Dead Man

[Another interesting round!]

ATYCLB
Kite
In A Little While
Wild Honey
Peace On Earth
When I Look At The World
New York
Grace

HTDAAB
Miracle Drug
Love And Peace Or Else
A Man And A Woman
Crumbs From Your Table
One Step Closer
Yahweh

The winner of each round will progress to the final. In ALL ROUNDS you will vote for the song you consider to be the worst. In past competitions, you voted for your favourite in the final round but that just caused confusion.

Last edited:
Kind of off-topic, but it's ironic how there's currently such a renewed interest in "The Wanderer" right after it was voted Zooropa's worst song. LOL.

namkcuR said:
Ax, there is a video for Love Is Blindness - shouldn't it be removed?

Ah yes, that was on my removal list earlier. I can't believe I accidentally put it on the new master list. :banghead: If Khan were around, I'd get her to edit my post to remove it. :mad:

Well, imagine it's no longer on the list. :wink:

Love is Blindness had a video? Damn! And people say U2 don't like the camera.

I agree, Axver, the likes of Bad, UTEOTW should be excluded. Both Bad and UTEOTW were on the respective best ofs.

namkcuR, you changed my veiws. I think b-sides shouldn't be included now, it would make it very very long and you're right; they wouldn't win.

the joshua tree: trip through your wires

Oh no! You can't be serious! That's one of my favorites from JT. And the Wanderer???? No way. Babyface would be on the list before Wanderer, in my book.

Gotta agree with Viva Davidoff, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom