WORST song survivor: champion!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
forty said:

I think best music video (and then worst music video) would be fun. :up:

Yes! Yes! Music videos would be great! Let's do that.. Please!!! Please!!! <--- echoing COBL_04 here. :wink:

But I'm serious. I'd vote for the Stay video before anything else! :drool:

KhanadaRhodes said:

playboy mansion sucks too. the guitar annoys me and the lyrics are idiotic. ha suck on that!!

You think these lyrics suck?

Don't know if I can hold on
Don't know if I'm that strong
Don't know if I can wait that long
'Til the colours come flashing
And the lights go on
Then will there be no time for sorrow
Then will there be no time for shame
And though I can't say why
I know I've got to believe

:tsk: :down:

The problem with a music video survivor is that not only would many people not know all of them, but we can't as easily send them around as we can with obscure songs.

KhanadaRhodes said:

miami isn't as annoying. i like miami. at least those lyrics make me laugh.

Miami's lyrics make me cringe.

Though the music's good enough live that I actually enjoy the song anyway.

By the way, could you please go back to my list of all the songs and add Are You Gonna Wait Forever to the HTDAAB Era list? I just realised it's missing.

Well.. in hindsight, music videos survivor would work for me only if its strictly 90s! I don't even remember most of.. say, the New Years Day video.

Axver said:
The problem with a music video survivor is that not only would many people not know all of them, but we can't as easily send them around as we can with obscure songs.

Perhaps we could separate them by era, and only include the better known vids? For example, the 80's videos would only include a few that are easily accessible online. (Such as Streets, ISHFWILF, WOWY, etc). People can watch the vids on sites such as this and I'm sure quite a few others.

I dunno! LOL. I think we could make it work.

forty said:

Perhaps we could separate them by era, and only include the better known vids? For example, the 80's videos would only include a few that are easily accessible online. (Such as Streets, ISHFWILF, WOWY, etc). People can watch the vids on sites such as this and I'm sure quite a few others.

I dunno! LOL. I think we could make it work.

Hmm ... yeah, that's true. The thing is, some people just DON'T look. During the worst song survivor, Khan would very clearly point people in the direction of the thread on Music On The Internet made specifically for obscure tracks and PEOPLE STILL DIDN'T GO and continued to vote even though they knew only three songs out of ten or whatever.

Axver said:
Hmm ... yeah, that's true. The thing is, some people just DON'T look. During the worst song survivor, Khan would very clearly point people in the direction of the thread on Music On The Internet made specifically for obscure tracks and PEOPLE STILL DIDN'T GO and continued to vote even though they knew only three songs out of ten or whatever.
:love:

i happen to have a videotape of every U2 video made up to discotheque. i've seen the videos since of course, they're just not all in one place like those were. :wink:

I have a tape myself of almost every music video up to 2003. It was something broadcast on NZ TV and it's quite funny - not only does it have a 'video' for Gone (just the live Popmart Mexico footage), but it's said to be from 1991! Most of it's accurate but there's some funny mistakes and a few omissions.

Zootlesque said:

Yes! Yes! Music videos would be great! Let's do that.. Please!!! Please!!! <--- echoing COBL_04 here. :wink:

:lmao:

Problem is I have dial-up so it would take like three hours to download a video. And Queen Bee said there has already been a video survivor, in April, and Stay won.

COBL_04 said:

:lmao:

Problem is I have dial-up so it would take like three hours to download a video. And Queen Bee said there has already been a video survivor, in April, and Stay won.

Well, there are plenty of sites where you can stream U2 videos (like the Yahoo! link I mentioned above). I also think excluding "Stay" would make it more interesting (since that would be the obvious winner). :hmm:

If you guys end up doing a music video survivor, I have an ftp link setup with more or less all of U2's videos from 1980-2005. Look in this thread for more details.

Although I think it's pointless and a waste to do a survivor that was already done a matter of months ago.

You should stop trying to apply new twists to previous survivor themes ala 'best song'/'worst song'/'best video'. It's been done. Think of something new.

I suggested a 'Best Band Member Image' but that was shot down by Axver because according to him, it was too shallow, and by Khanda because, as a mod, she was worried about other people being too immature about it and flaming each other.

Ohh, nice idea! As long as it doesn't go down the ultra-PLEBA road (i.e. basing votes on how "hot" Bono was during a particular era), I think that would be an interesting survivor. If we focused on the band's look, how they presented and reinvented themselves throughout the years... I don't think it would get too shallow. I know that music is the #1 thing, but image has obviously been important to the band as well. Why would they continue changing their look for each tour/album?

Okay, I'm rambling now! I'm all up for that idea, namkcuR. :up:

forty said:
Ohh, nice idea! As long as it doesn't go down the ultra-PLEBA road (i.e. basing votes on how "hot" Bono was during a particular era), I think that would be an interesting survivor. If we focused on the band's look, how they presented and reinvented themselves throughout the years... I don't think it would get too shallow. I know that music is the #1 thing, but image has obviously been important to the band as well. Why would they continue changing their look for each tour/album?

Okay, I'm rambling now! I'm all up for that idea, namkcuR. :up:

Just to clarify, I mean individual band member image...that is, first we do all of Bono's images until there is only one left, do the same with the Edge, Adam, and Larry, and then have the four winners go up against each other.

I'm glad someone likes the idea.

namkcuR said:

Just to clarify, I mean individual band member image...that is, first we do all of Bono's images until there is only one left, do the same with the Edge, Adam, and Larry, and then have the four winners go up against each other.

I'm glad someone likes the idea.

Ohhh, okay. Oops! Well, either way, I think that would be interesting. We would need a lot of PLEBA help, though, in gathering all of the pictures. I'd still be up for it, though. ;)

Why will you people not even open your minds to best band member image? You are RECYCLING survivor themes that have already been done!

A 'best non-single' survivor would come down to either Bad or UTEOTW and we all pretty much know that. It's a waste.

Axver, I think One Tree Hill is missing from your list. Don't tell me it was a single!

edit: Never mind. I just checked u2wanderer! God, I'm so ignorant about 80s U2! :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom