WORST song survivor: b-sides boy-war (round one)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

please vote OFF your favourite song.

• the fool

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • street mission

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • boy/girl

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • another day

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • 11 o'clock tick tock

Votes: 51 51.0%
  • touch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • things to make and do

• j. swallow

• a celebration

Votes: 12 12.0%
  • trash, trampoline, and the party girl

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • treasure (whatever happened to pete the chop?)

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • endless deep

Votes: 5 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KhanadaRhodes

Paper Gods
Staff member
the final round for how to dismantle an atomic bomb had a man and a woman getting the boot. this means one step closer wins for this album, and will go on to compete in the finals later.

full results:
a man and a woman: 69
one step closer: 57

the rules are pretty easy. this is for worst song U2 survivor. this means you vote OFF your FAVOURITE song. the goal here is to see what is the least-liked U2 song for each album, and narrow it down to least-liked song ever.

ROUND ONE (B-SIDES, BOY-WAR):
- the fool
- street mission
- boy/girl
- another day
- 11 o'clock tick tock
- touch
- things to make and do
- j. swallow
- a celebration
- trash, trampoline, and the party girl
- treasure (whatever happened to pete the chop)
- endless deep

you are to vote based on the studio version of that particular song. do not vote based on how it sounds live or how it sounded remixed.

timing of the poll: there are so many rounds, it really makes sense to keep each individual round as a timed ONE day poll. when we get to the end of each round, the final poll will last two days, to give more people a chance to vote.

ties will be broken by eliminating both songs from the poll UNLESS we are in the top five. even if there are three tied, all three will be eliminated. any more of a tie (four-way tie, etc.), then we will have a tiebreaker round.

also, when we get down to the final round (the winner of each previous round going against each other), these polls will last two days. the same tiebreaking rules apply.

remember, vote for what you consider to be the strongest song, or your favourite. this competition is to determine the WORST U2 song.

if you do not have any of these songs and want them, please go to the request thread to request the song(s). i'd like this thread to just remain for voting and discussion about voting, and not get off topic into people posting their e-mail addresses requesting songs. thanks!

Last edited:
yes...party girl was a very very close second...but i'll have to go with 11 o'clock tick tock.

Of course, my brain yelled 11 o Clock Tick Tock as soon as I saw the poll. I realized, however, that I love this song live. I haven't heard the studio recording in a while, so I voted for my 2nd choice off this list

mmmm Treasure (Pete the Chop)

As much as I want to vote for 11 O'clock Tick Tock as it's my favourite song, that's based entirely on live performances. The studio version is, in my opinion, the worst version of the song in existence.

For that reason, I voted for Treasure.

corianderstem said:
I'm ashamed that I don't know a lot of these songs ...

A Celebration

No need to be ashamed. I don't know most of these songs. But I love Party Girl and esp. 11 o clock!!! so 11 o clock it is! :wink:

Zootlesque said:

No need to be ashamed. I don't know most of these songs. But I love Party Girl and esp. 11 o clock!!! so 11 o clock it is! :wink:

Would you like the ones you don't have/know? I have them all :wink:

namkcuR said:

You gotta tell me which ones you don't have/want first! :lmao:

Right! :der: Okay, the only ones I've heard off of here are the live versions of Party Girl & 11 o Clock! I'm very curious about A Celebration! So if you could just send me that one and maybe the studio versions of PG and 11oCTT, it would be great! :wink:

namkcuR said:

You've got mail.

I decided to just put all of the songs on this poll into a zip file and ysi it for you. I know you only asked for three, but you need to hear them all. :wink:

You're the greatest buddy one could ask for! :rockon: :wink:

Thanks. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom