WORST song survivor: all that you can't leave behind (round one)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

please vote OFF your favourite song.

• beautiful day

Votes: 27 22.5%
  • stuck in a moment you can't get out of

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • elevation

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • walk on

Votes: 43 35.8%
  • kite

Votes: 20 16.7%
  • in a little while

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • wild honey

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • peace on earth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • when i look at the world

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • new york

• grace

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
prof_peabody said:
Even though I voted for Miami, I'd like to question the objectivity of the person running this. I was checking this site a lot and no matter when I checked it PM was winning, last I saw it was winning 60-56. I find it very hard to believe Miami won. :eyebrow:

I'd like a revote on the final pop round that lasts exactly 24 hours... none of this waiting crap because it's a close vote. You didn't see the Feds waiting in 2000 in Florida... :ohmy:
you know what? i find it hilarious that someone i've never even seen before is questioning me, a moderator of all people, whose job it is to be as objective as possible, as not being objective. and over a silly game of all things. what do i have to gain by stuffing the ballot? in fact, wasn't it just me who was saying in the previous round that i'd be pissed if i found out someone was doing that same thing?

there will be no revote, and there certainly won't be one that lasts exactly 24 hours. i have a life outside of interference and i can't be on to time exactly when to start and end each round. plus, it specifically says in each of my first posts final rounds last two days. anyone who disagrees with the rules of this survivor series can feel free to NOT PARTICIPATE.

i honestly cannot believe people are getting so worked up over a GAME!

Last edited:
No Ground Beneath Her Feet?? Aww....

Finally, I round I can actually vote on! I've been waiting ages for this!!

Kite gets my vote, I don't know why so many people are voting Walk On. Don't get me wrong, it's my second favourite song off this album (if you are excluding TGBHF) but Kite is so much better. The most emotion I've heard from a song since With Or Without You. This was the first song I listened to after my grandfather passed away about a month ago. It helped me get through it.

Come on people! Get behind Kite! It if isn't knocked out by the third round I'm going to be disappointed.

I don't know you all like In A Little While so much. I think it's one of the worst songs on the album. Grace is obviously the worst, IALW I think for me is the about the fourth worst.

Now, no more politics people! I don't want these threads closed down. Where's the bloodshed smily? I want it. Because if City Of Blinding Lights isn't knocked out first next round....

COBL_04 said:
No Ground Beneath Her Feet?? Aww....

I think it's coming in a later round of miscellaneous tracks. Shame, really, as I can't imagine ATYCLB without TGBHF.

I too hope Kite's gone by the third round. My votes:

1. Walk On
2. Kite
3. When I Look At The World
4. Grace

It's kind of lucky TGBHF isn't there, really, as I'm not sure where it would fit in, either second or third probably. Walk On always has been my absolute favourite, it's helped in a lot of tough situations.

Because if City Of Blinding Lights isn't knocked out first next round....

... Axver will not be a happy camper!

COBL_04 said:
Why does Grace have two votes? Some people are doing that. Please stop. I will be very angry if Grace does not come last.

While I agree with you on most points, I must disagree here. I love Grace (though I didn't realise how good it was for a few years). Wild Honey and In A Little While are far from impressive and I don't understand why they made the album instead of Flower Child and Summer Rain.

In A Little While in particular would be a total sack of shit if it weren't for the "a man takes a rocketship" verse. I love that verse.

it's no use
I can't see what you see
When I look at the world

Axver said:
In A Little While in particular would be a total sack of shit if it weren't for the "a man takes a rocketship" verse. I love that verse.

Axver I think you and I am becoming more and more alike...we both don't think One is that great, we both think COBL is fantastic and I agree 100% with you about the man takes a rocket ship verse. It's some of the best work on ATYCLB. Seriously.

I hope I'm not freaking you out. I don't mean to be. We just have simialr tastes.

My votes (I think)
1. Kite (I think I'll be voting this more than once, though).
2. Walk On
3. Beautiful Day
4. When I Look At The World

COBL_04 said:

Axver I think you and I am becoming more and more alike...we both don't think One is that great, we both think COBL is fantastic and I agree 100% with you about the man takes a rocket ship verse. It's some of the best work on ATYCLB. Seriously.

I hope I'm not freaking you out. I don't mean to be. We just have simialr tastes.

My votes (I think)
1. Kite (I think I'll be voting this more than once, though).
2. Walk On
3. Beautiful Day
4. When I Look At The World

I think it's bloody awesome there's someone else here with similar tastes! Now where are liamcool and the tourist? They tend to share similar tastes with me too, though I think Liam's going to shoot me for ranking Walk On #1. I simply can't hate IALW just because of that verse - it's so perfect, and yet I find the rest of the song to be a disaster.

Now, I don't suppose you're into prog rock bands like Dream Theater and Porcupine Tree? Or quality melodic rock like Split Enz/Crowded House/anything else touched by the hands of Brothers Finn? :wink:

Here's hoping Kite is gone by at least the end of the second round. I'm sure it'll put up a solid fight against Beautiful Day next round (which is fifth on my list).

Axver said:

I think it's bloody awesome there's someone else here with similar tastes! Now where are liamcool and the tourist? They tend to share similar tastes with me too, though I think Liam's going to shoot me for ranking Walk On #1. I simply can't hate IALW just because of that verse - it's so perfect, and yet I find the rest of the song to be a disaster.

Now, I don't suppose you're into prog rock bands like Dream Theater and Porcupine Tree? Or quality melodic rock like Split Enz/Crowded House/anything else touched by the hands of Brothers Finn? :wink:

Here's hoping Kite is gone by at least the end of the second round. I'm sure it'll put up a solid fight against Beautiful Day next round (which is fifth on my list).

I'm afraid that's where out similarites end. :wink: I haven't really heard any Dream Theater, Porcupine Tree, Spilt Enz, Crowded House or the Finn Brothers. But there was a song released by the Finn's recently that I liked. Anyone know what it was?

Posted by Axver

I would, but you're eating. I have the trigger aimed at you, right now, you rock and roll ******.

(By the way, I don't mean the word ****** as offensive, but the song is pretty catchy so I just modified the lyrics for this post. Anyway, Andre's not black, so it's inappropiate anyways.)

This thread has inspired me to listen to ATYCLB again! :wink: I've discovered When I Look At The World and continue to.....not....discover any charm in Grace. New York's nifty, should definitely be a round 4 or 5er.

Beautiful Day
Walk On
Elevation
Kite
Wild Honey
When I Look At The World
Grace
New York
In A Little While
Stuck In A Mo
Peace On Earth

COBL_04 said:

I'm afraid that's where out similarites end. :wink: I haven't really heard any Dream Theater, Porcupine Tree, Spilt Enz, Crowded House or the Finn Brothers. But there was a song released by the Finn's recently that I liked. Anyone know what it was?

I could fix that really quickly, you know. :wink:

The Finns recently released an album called Everyone Is Here. I know Won't Give In was a single, and I'm sure there have been others. Timothius is the resident Finn expert, I'll let him handle this.

liamcool said:

I would, but you're eating. I have the trigger aimed at you, right now, you rock and roll ******.

(By the way, I don't mean the word ****** as offensive, but the song is pretty catchy so I just modified the lyrics for this post. Anyway, Andre's not black, so it's inappropiate anyways.)

:laugh: You're an oddball, Liam.

I'm more than 'not black', I'm a bloody albino. Doesn't get any whiter than this.

I didn't even know you KNEW eight nineties U2 songs. :wink:

:rockon: Eighties U2! :rockon:

Zooropa (Radio Edit)
Dirty Day (Bitter Kiss)
LWTSH (UV1)
Can't Help Falling In Love (Triple Peaks)
Heaven And Hell
Corpse
One Minute Warning
Plot 180

You're an 80's fan too?

(for the record, here's the entire list:

A Celebration
Zooropa
Street Mission
Indian Summer Sky
Dirty Day
Lady With The Spinning Head
One Minute Warning
Drowning Man
Can't Help Falling In Love
Touch
Wire
Two Hearts
Corpse
The Fool
Heaven And Hell
Plot 180
Promenade
Treasure (Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop?)

...)

Oh, you're always surprising me :laugh: That list is really strange, but at least it is different.

I've got into U2 two years ago, maybe because of this, I like the 11 albums and almost the entire U2 work. But if I had to choose between 80's, 90's and 00's, I'd prefer the 80's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom