worst song by U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ultra Violet by a mile. U2 have never sounded worse. At least Red Light has some good lyrics.

A man and a Woman
Grace
Love Rescue Me
Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World
If God Will Send His Angels

and i really LOVE some days .

Their cover of Fortunate Son. It's the only U2 song that sends me screaming for cover.

I skip over Grace, 4th of July, Is that All? and The Playboy Mansion on a regular basis, too.

roy said:

I was thinking the same. In fact I think it's possibly the worst song of all time

OOTS? More like one of the greatest songs of all time. It's f***ing brilliant.

Staring at the Sun.

The lyrics are bizarre and make no sense whatsoever.

"Waves that leave me out of reach. Breaking on your back like a beach"

Elvis Presley and America.

Again, the lyrics make no sense. But if you're in a depressing mood, it's great.

WOW!! Talk about "Shock and Awe" at some of these choices!!!

Great thread though! :wink:

All of their songs are so ingrained in my head that it feels like you are killing your own children!! But if I MUST choose...."Love Rescue Me" needs some rescueing. :( Does the Passengers album count? If so, then I don't care too much for "Chains" even though it would sound great in a horror movie!

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For is easily their worst and least representative song of all time.

I know nobody will agree with me but let's face it, reading some of your choices on here you are all a bit stupid.

;)

joerags said:
To me, it's a nice country, bluesy tune.

In my personal opinion...that is probably why! It does make for a GREAT drunk sing-a-long though!! :wink:

ps. I still don't care for "Chains" though. :no:

Last edited:
gah, elvis presley and america is my favorite U2 song ever. and i've been a fan for a very, very long time. that song, for me, always feels like falling into a dream or something. i love it.

i'm surprised to see so much negativity towards love rescue me, and i'm curious as to why. the lyrics are some of bono's best. i've probably heard this song a thousand times and never once thought it was too long.

does anyone have any other reasons for not liking it? i'm just curious..

Dalton said:
I can't believe people don't like Playboy Mansion. The lyrics are brilliant.

BRILLIANT I say!

It's a damned shame that they didn't perform that song live on the POPmart Tour. It encapsulated the whole tour, thematically, and the "chance is a kind of religion" section was just begging to be sung by Bono while strolling around the stage with that American flag umbrella. The sole complaint that I have about that tour is that they didn't play Playboy Mansion.

Back
Top Bottom