"Worst Onstage Meltdowns" Blender.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My fave! :lol:

FRUIT ’N NUTS

Fred Durst

When Metallica’s 2003 Summer Sanitarium tour arrived in Chicago, few of the 40,000 headbangers gathered at Hawthorne Racecourse were keen to see openers limpbizkit. Possibly incited by a feud between bizkit frontman Fred Durst and local shock-jock Erich “Mancow” Muller, the crowd held up signs reading “Fred Sucks” and pelted him with garbage and coins. Dodging the barrage of detritus, Durst suggested that the audience’s lousy aim explained why the local baseball teams were so bad — ironically, he was then struck squarely in the balls by a lemon. Calling the set to an early end, Durst berated the crowd from the wings, boasting that limpbizkit was the greatest band in the world, until his microphone was taken from him.
Shame Scale (7 out of 10):

I was expecting the U2 one to be Bono's "fuck freedom" rant on 1987-11-11 when he spotted a sign in the crowd reading "U2 SF" and instead of remembering that he was playing in San Francisco, he took SF to mean Sinn Fein and went off on a rant.

I was going to say, if they didn't have the Grace Slick one (you never know with Blender, such a shitty rag) it wouldn't be worth reading, but they had it on there.

Axver said:
I was expecting the U2 one to be Bono's "fuck freedom" rant on 1987-11-11 when he spotted a sign in the crowd reading "U2 SF" and instead of remembering that he was playing in San Francisco, he took SF to mean Sinn Fein and went off on a rant.
Yeah, I was expecting that one too. That's a 10 out of 10. Ugh. :yikes:

she never lets me down :heart:

The famously sensitive pop waif was in a particularly fractious mood on February 29, 2000, when problems with the sound at New York’s Roseland Ballroom sent her into a lather after a couple of numbers. “You know, I just wanted to do real well in New York … but fuck! I can’t hear myself!” The situation failed to improve, prompting Apple to cut a rendition of “Carrion” short with “This song is dead! Just stop it! This is a nightmare!” Apple warned the assembled press, “Fuck you! Put your notebooks away! If there are any critics here who give me a bad review because of this I’ll fucking kill you.” Following 45 minutes of dissatisfaction, Apple started crying, mumbled something about a short break and stormed off stage.

Axver said:

Actually Bono has one much worse than that. In the early days (I think Boy tour or prior). Something on Larry's drum kit malfunctioned and they stopped the song. Bono turned around and Larry was laughing and smiling (yes, I know thats hard to believe on its own :wink: ). Bono was furious and went after Larry. Supposedly Edge caught Bono by the hair (ouch) and pulled him down before he could get there. Bono stormed off stage. I guess at the time Bono was striving for perfection in everything and every little mistake bugged him. So it boiled over at that instant. Obviously everything was ok and Bono lightened up, at least a little. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom