Worst Closing Track?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
11. Yaweh :yuck:
10. is that all
9. shadows and tall trees
8. mlk
7. grace
6. 40
5. mother of the disappeared
4. all I want is you
3. Love is Blindness :drool:
2. The Wanderer:drool:
1. Wake up dead Man:drool:

As I have the UK copies of ATYCLB and HTDAAB I consider Fast Cars and The Ground Beneath Her Feet as the closers of those albums, but just to be a good boy I won't include them, though as they are both two of my favourite tracks both albums suffer greatly in their abscence.

12 Yahweh

11 Is That All?

10 Grace

9 40

8 Theme From Let's Go Native

7 Shadows and Tall Trees

6 Mother's Of The Disappeared

5 MLK

4 All I Want Is You

3 The Wanderer

2 Wake Up Dead Man

1 Love Is Blindness

An Cat Gav said:

Aaand you win the Interferences for remembering to include that! Not even I did. :ohmy:

Had I remembered, it would slot into my list at 6th, ahead of 40 but behind Wake Up Dead Man. Or maybe behind 40. It's a close call there. Probably ahead.

Wow, I remembered something you didn't??!!
From now on I shall celebrate 9th Feb as An Cat Gav day!! :wink:

I think it's a great closer, so menacing, fast and eerie, ideal after the slow and sombre Theme from the Swan(which I love also), the transition blows me away.

An Cat Gav said:
As I have the UK copies of ATYCLB and HTDAAB I consider Fast Cars and The Ground Beneath Her Feet as the closers of those albums, but just to be a good boy I won't include them, though as they are both two of my favourite tracks both albums suffer greatly in their abscence.
Thank you for following the guidlines, for this you get a cookie. :drool:

This one is not part of the original list... :hmm: I'll allow it, but I may have to confiscate your cookie.

I find it funny that the majority of people rank AIWIY as one of the best closing songs but in my other ranking thread they found Helter Skelter as one of the worst opening songs, R&H is a weird album I guess...

Last edited:
elevated_u2_fan said:

Thank you for following the guidlines, for this you get a cookie. :drool:

This one is not part of the original list... :hmm: I'll allow it, but I may have to confiscate your cookie.

I find it funny that the majority of people rank AIWIY as one of the best closing songs but in my other ranking thread they found Helter Skelter as one of the worst opening songs, R&H is a weird album I guess...

Please keep me posted regarding my cookie :drool: :wink:

Personally I think Helter Skelter is a good opener and AIWIY is a great closer, it's just SOME of the stuff inbetween that drags it down.

Aygo said:

Classical closer?
Well, it was some keys about U2's signature sound, but it's not a classical neither a typical closer...

What I thought about using the phrase classic:
"Yahweh" deals with god, with faith, with emotional landscape & a poetic, cinematic language, that is classic U2 - in the way of the songwriting. And the more classic, because of the classic U2 melodic sounds. Yes: I think, "Yahweh" is a masterpiece (as is the whole album): in the studio version as in the stripped down, straight to the heart acoustic version on tour...

11. Grace
10. Shadows and Tall Trees
9. Is That All?
8. 40
7. Yahweh
6. MLK
5. Love Is Blindness
4. Mother's Of The Disappeared
3. Wake Up Dead Man
2. The Wanderer (UNDERRATED! Johnny Cash MAKES this song. Well, him and the amazing lyrics.)
1. All I Want Is You

ZOOTVTOURist said:

What I thought about using the phrase classic:
"Yahweh" deals with god, with faith, with emotional landscape & a poetic, cinematic language, that is classic U2 - in the way of the songwriting. And the more classic, because of the classic U2 melodic sounds. Yes: I think, "Yahweh" is a masterpiece (as is the whole album): in the studio version as in the stripped down, straight to the heart acoustic version on tour...
The only things that make "Yahweh" a typical (not classical: we don't know if this song is gonna stand the test of time... probably not) are the signature sound reminiscent of a mixture of the October and the JT era and the God theme (present in "The Wanderer", WUDM and "Grace" - to refer the last albums).
"Yahweh" is the first uptempo track closing a U2 album since October, and that's not a classical thing in U2.

Anyway, I agree with you. To be honest, "Yahweh" is my favourite U2 song and HTDAAB is still my fav album.;)

Aygo said:

The only things that make "Yahweh" a typical (not classical: we don't know if this song is gonna stand the test of time... probably not) are the signature sound reminiscent of a mixture of the October and the JT era and the God theme (present in "The Wanderer", WUDM and "Grace" - to refer the last albums).
"Yahweh" is the first uptempo track closing a U2 album since October, and that's not a classical thing in U2.

Anyway, I agree with you. To be honest, "Yahweh" is my favourite U2 song and HTDAAB is still my fav album.;)

:cute: HTDAAB appreciation...

I must say that I really don't care for the album version of Yahweh anymore after hearing the acoustic version, which is just amazing. :rockon:

LemonMelon said:
... the acoustic version, which is just amazing. :rockon:

Somehow, I didn't ever picture 'acoustic version' and the metal horns going together.

(Though that smiley still has its thumb sticking out. Why has no-one fixed that? Step 1 to look like an idiot at concerts: stick your thumb out when making the horns.)

11. Is That All - The only bad closing song on any album

10. 40 - Good, but after listening to the live version, it becomes a lot weaker

9. MLK

8. Love Is Blindness - Same as 40

7. Shadows And Tall Trees

6. Wake Up Dead Man

5. Fast Cars

4. The Wanderer

3. The Ground Beneath Her Feet

2. Mothers Of The Dissappeared

1. All I Want Is You

If I had the versions of albums other countries had, Yahweh and Grace would be 9th and 10th. I haven't listened to Grace for years, and I hate the lyrics of Yahweh.

11. Mothers of the Dissapeared
10. Is That All?
9. Shadows and Tall Trees
8. MLK
7. Grace
6. Yahweh
5. 40
4. The Wanderer
3. All I Want Is You
2. Wake up Dead man
1. Love is Blidness

Back