Worst Album Survivor: Round III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your FAVOURITE album

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your FAVOURITE album.

Welcome to the third round of Worst Album Survivor. In this tournament, we are voting for our favourite albums, with the most popular album eliminated each round until we are left with just one album, the least favourite. Rounds ordinarily last 48 hours. However, round two was so thoroughly decisive that I have implemented the mercy rule and ended it early. The Joshua Tree dominated voting, drawing over 30 votes clear of its nearest rivals.

ELIMINATED

1. Achtung Baby
2. The Joshua Tree

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
42 votes: The Joshua Tree
11: The Unforgettable Fire, Pop
9: Zooropa
4: Rattle And Hum
3: Boy, October, All That You Can't Leave Behind, How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
1: War
(Total votes: 90)

The Unforgettable Fire until it's gone - which will hopefully be this round.

TUF is my favourite, but I'm voting for War to save it from an undeserved early grave.

TUF is my favourite, but I'm voting for War to save it from an undeserved early grave.

The recipient of the most votes is eliminated, so your War vote won't help.

In this edition of the game, elimination is a GOOD thing.

Zooropa is my favorite, but, to spite the "why can't U2 do something as GENIUS, INSPIRED, and PERFECT IN EVERY WAY as UF again" types, I'm going with Pop. :wink:

It's not as pretty, but it's just as creative. Edge is the musical soul of U2, and he never fucked around with his guitar to the extent that he did on Pop ever again, unfortunately. Bono delivered some of his most disturbing, insightful lyrics to date, Adam was playing out of his mind and over his head, and Larry just stood around and looked really cool. Great period for U2 creatively, even if the sales didn't mirror that. It's my second favorite now that JT is gone, and it deserves to move on IMO.

Zooropa is my favorite, but, to spite the "why can't U2 do something as GENIUS, INSPIRED, and PERFECT IN EVERY WAY as UF again" types, I'm going with Pop. :wink:

It's not as pretty, but it's just as creative. Edge is the musical soul of U2, and he never fucked around with his guitar to the extent that he did on Pop ever again, unfortunately. Bono delivered some of his most disturbing, insightful lyrics to date, Adam was playing out of his mind and over his head, and Larry just stood around and looked really cool. Great period for U2 creatively, even if the sales didn't mirror that. It's my second favorite now that JT is gone, and it deserves to move on IMO.

OnNoticephp.jpg

I voted UF - easy. But when that goes, I don't know how to choose between Rattle and Hum and War! I guess I'll see which one is winning.

Voted on R&H
But I feel so bad about not voting on Pop, Zooropa or HTDAAB :sad:
I guess I love those as much as R&H, but R&H has God Part II

LOL look how bad Atomic Bomb is doing. I hope it loses.

Well to be fair, right now voting is concentrated more on seeing #1 favorites make it to the next round.

Though...it does seem that no one considers Bomb a favorite :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom