Worst Album Survivor: Round II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your FAVOURITE album

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your FAVOURITE album.

Yes, the tournament has changed. See below for details.

I was going to give the new voting method a few rounds to prove itself. However, at the end of the first round, I was dreading running the next few. The lowest three albums gathered a total of five votes. Add the next two albums and you're only up to thirteen votes to be redistributed over the course of four rounds. In other words, the outcomes of the next few rounds, had I stuck with what I did in the first round, would have been strikingly similar and dull. I don't think the voting method itself was fundamentally flawed; it's just that the voting distribution amongst U2's albums on Interference is so uneven that it's not going to work for an Album Survivor. With the prospect of boring rounds, I just didn't want to even run them.

So I've changed the game to keep it interesting enough to actually run - and interesting enough to actually participate in. In reverting to the old voting method, I didn't want to ditch the results of the first round. Hence, I've made this Worst Album Survivor - under the old voting method, we would have been voting for favourite albums anyway, so the first round's poll is completely valid. I know a number of you voted on strategy for Best Album, but there really is no conceivable way that Achtung would not win. Redoing the round would be pointless as the results would not change significantly and the outcome would not be affected. I apologise for the sudden change, but at least the first round was so decisive that I can do this easily.

THERE WILL BE A BEST ALBUM SURVIVOR! As soon as this edition is finished, I will run a Best Album Survivor using the old voting method. It'll be interesting to see what different outcomes we get.

So, from here on in, the forum's favourite albums will be eliminated one by one until we're left with a single album, the least favourite of the lot. Have fun!

ELIMINATED:

1. Achtung Baby

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS:
59 votes: Achtung Baby
24: The Joshua Tree
12: Pop
9: The Unforgettable Fire
6: Zooropa
5: All That You Can't Leave Behind, How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
4: October
2: Boy, War
1: Rattle And Hum

I'm voting The Unforgettable Fire until it's gone. It should have been first to go.

Unforgettable Fire again!

And nice change in the tournament structure, Axver. Sounds much more interesting now.

When JT goes, thats when the real fight happens imo. Pop v Zooropa v ATYCLB. I think Pop and Zooropa will gain a lot of votes from the AB fans and ATYCLB/ UF will gain a chunk of the JT voters next round.

When JT goes, thats when the real fight happens imo. Pop v Zooropa v ATYCLB. I think Pop and Zooropa will gain a lot of votes from the AB fans and ATYCLB/ UF will gain a chunk of the JT voters next round.

Why are you assuming that TUF and JT fans will vote for ATYCLB? A lot of 80's fans here despise it.

The Unforgettable Fire, until it's out. My second favourite album; very close to Achtung.

Why are you assuming that TUF and JT fans will vote for ATYCLB? A lot of 80's fans here despise it.

Yeah. UF's my number one album, and I'd be happier not acknowledging ATYCLB as a U2 album. I certainly hope it "wins" this edition of Survivor.

I said the JT fans will vote TUF or ATYCLB. Btw its what i think, your entitled to your own opinions without cranking the amp to 11.

ATYCLB, I can berely listen to Elevation and then I have to change album...:angry:

Did you not read the poll question or the first post? You vote for your favourite album so that the album left at the end is deemed the worst.

The Joshua Tree without doubt. TUF is a great album as well, but doesn't feel as classic and inspiring as JT. Oh, and also because Where The Streets Have No Name is on it. :drool::drool::drool:

The Unforgettable Fire. I think this and Pop are the albums I'm most hoping they dig into again on the next tour. It was such a sharp departure from their previous work, and I think it's also U2's most underrated album. While I might listen to other U2 albums more, this is one I've found myself craving now that I've been taking a bit of a break from U2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom