Worrrrrst Track on HTDAAB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Diane L said:
With all due respect, because it is about Bono's dad...One Step Closer. I really wish they'd put Mercy on the album instead of this.

I thought it was about Noel Gallagher? :confused:

one step closer

Yahweh took a while and (shoot me) i'm not a massive fan of OOTS but honestly, bar one step closer i pretty much love the entire album (yes, thats means crumbs and AMAAW too!)

U2Kitten said:

I thought it was about Noel Gallagher? :confused:

noel gallagher gave bono the line--they were talking about bono's dad being ill and what was going to happen with him, and noel said that he was 'one step closer to knowing'.

LostAtMoon said:
(there really is someone who doesn't love Miracle Drug? :ohmy: )

I don't love Miracle Drug, actually I think it is kinda weak. The same goes for OOTS. IMHO, the real cream of the album is Vertigo, COBL, One Step Closer, Yahweh and Fast Cars. I could live without the rest.

And ABOY is starting to grow on me.

after its all settled, I'd go with AMAAW. It was in my top half in the beginning, and its still great, but i just skip over it a lot. It beats out Love and Peace, I dont like the lyrics to that but the music is amazing.

I'm surprised so many hate ABOY, it's one of my favorites, especially at high volume.

original of the species and city of blinding lights - too expectable, too nice

yaweh and love+peace or else are great pieces of music

I don't skip any songs on the album, but I think Yahweh may be the one I feel less about as others.

LostAtMoon said:

(there really is someone who doesn't love Miracle Drug? :ohmy: )

Me, and I'm relieved to see I'm not the only one. I don't hate it, it's just my second least favorite after Crumbs. I don't see what's so great about it, and I am very shocked that people who diss the album as not being hard enough rock gush over this song and diss ABOY! For me I guess it's a combination of things, one, it's just dull and uniteresting. It has good guitar work but it sounds just exactly like the guitar in other songs I like better. I hate the newborn baby head line, this from a mother of three. I don't know wtf he's talking about, babies' heads smell either like milk or baby powder, is that the smell of freedom he means? I hate to mention this too but they said it was about a guy they went to school with who was so severely handicapped he had to write with a pen on his head like a unicorn or something. So since I'm a very visual minded person I can't listen to this without imagining baby heads and mentally and physically challenged guys going down the hall at school with a pen stuck to their heads. If none of that makes sense to anyone else, oh well.

Last edited:
I don't skip anything, each song is good enough for me to listen to it. All Because of You is incredibly enjoyable for me, I love it every time I hear it. With that being said, it's probably not even in my top 3 from the album. I kind of think that if I werent a Christian, ABOY would seem like a poorly written(lyrically) song though.

Oh, and Miracle Drug is my all-time #1 U2 song.:drool:

It's a tie for AMAAW and OOTS. They're both grossly over-sung...AMAAW especially could've used less of Bono, since the musical track is so gorgeous (yay Adam!). OOTS has too many melody ideas, all good on their own, but not that cohesive put together...

This album by far has better songs than the last album. If you were to do a thread about worst songs off the last album I would have named all of them except for two or three. As for this album, none. All I like. Reminds me a bit of Acthung Baby. I luv that album and though I may skip over songs from time to time, its not to say I hate them or think they are bad. Same goes for this album.
Every song has its moment.

I would say my top 5 songs are:

Vertigo
Miracle Drug
Sometimes...
All Because of You
Crumbs...

'LOVE AND PEACE OR ELSE'
:madspit: :madspit: :madspit:

but hey...maybe i should give it another chance. one step closer is great compared to this song. but i never said 'one step closer' was bad either. LAPOE is unnecessary.:mad: :mad:

Back
Top Bottom