"World On Fire" video and Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starsgoblue

Blue Crack Addict
I wonder if Bono has seen and responded to Sarah McLachlans' latest video. Her budget for the video was 150,000 dollars and she made a video that cost $15 and she shows, for example what the cost on one prodcer for one day would be able to do in countries in Africa and India. The video ends with an unapologetic, "So that is where the money went" caption. This video had me in tears. I am curious if Bono has seen it or responded to this wonderful piece of 'video' work. This is a video U2 could have very well made in my opinion.

A link for those who haven't seen it: http://www.worldonfire.ca/

Last edited:
i totally loved this video the first time i saw it, its easily become my favourite sarah song

The only thing I can add, stars, is that Bono and the other guys probably don't always have final say on everything promotion (like videos) for their music -that may mainly lay with PM.

So we don't really always know how U2 actually feel about all the "hype" nowadays in the music industry - the videos, the ipods, the attempts to reach a continually younger audience, etc.
:ohmy:

Personally, I bet the B-man sometimes get a bit overwhelmed and concerned by all the fuss, but in an attempt to stay current, goes along with the promotional program.

But I agree - I wish they would conserve more of the money they make, either to keep it for their own families and/or to contribute greater amounts to worthy causes.:up:

THE GOAL IS SOUL....:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

doctorwho said:
I thought the label often paid for videos.

If true, then U2 has no control over how much they get to "keep".

That could well be true...but Sarah made a big statement and convinced whoever needed the convincing for this. I'm not coming down on U2 by any means, and I know Bono has done more than enough for third world countries. I just wonder if he has responded to it at all. If I were him I probably woulda been like, "Now why didn't WE think of that?!" :wink:

That was a great video.

Good idea for a Crumbs video.

Maybe Sarah can take over for Bono in trying to save the world after the tour.....and maybe we won't have to wait another 4 years for another album.

I simply love this video :heart:
And don't worry about what is spent between Bono, Ali & U2. :heart: Even though it isn't written about very much with the exception of DATA, :heart: The African Well Fund, :heart: The ONE Campaign " Chernobal Childrens Project :heart:, etc, etc.. they go above and beyond.
What Sarah has done is incredible and I admire her for it.
More power to the cause, I'd say.:up:

Ah, Sarah, my favourite celebrity Vancouver-ite. I've often wondered what Bono thinks of Sarah and her music. I see a lot of similarities, and I know Sarah is a big fan of U2. She was at the concert when U2 were in town in April, 2001. She couldn't get over how we had 20,000 people all singing the chorus of 'Pride' (ie, singing the word, "love")...she thought it was an amazing thing.

Anyway, great video, great concept, great song, great singer. I wonder if she remembers me from that day long ago when I served her tabouleh salad and embarrassingly gushed like a little girl.

In addition to being very generous--Sarah is a magnificent song writer and performer. The wait for Sarah's new album was almost as bad as waiting for the new U2 offering--so that should tell you how much I love her music. Brilliant idea from a brilliant woman. Truly is and should be an inspiration to U2 and hopefully many other acts.

ive wated this video about 25 times over the past couple weeks. simply amazing..... more people need to learn from her example.

off the topic, but how much is it sponsor a child? I was thinking of doing this to donate or whatever, but keep in mind I'm just a senior in college with two part time jobs. when I looked at a few sites they were asking for like 20-40 a month. Uhh...I can do like 5. Anyone have knowledge about this?

RademR said:
off the topic, but how much is it sponsor a child? I was thinking of doing this to donate or whatever, but keep in mind I'm just a senior in college with two part time jobs. when I looked at a few sites they were asking for like 20-40 a month. Uhh...I can do like 5. Anyone have knowledge about this?

Well I've never seen one for 5--20 is about the average I believe. The best 24 dollars I spend a month.

RademR said:

Seeing your post really brightened up my day! :D

:heart:

Back
Top Bottom