working tracklist for the new album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iota

War Child
The New Album is called simply: HOAX

1. Solar Winds
2. The Silences Between The Stars
3. Primary Colors
4. Bulldozer (Return of Pete The Chop)
5. Singing Of The Spheres
6 When Nobody Seems To Get What You're About
7. Sometimes The Only Way To Go Forward Is To Go Backward
8. Down Is The New Up
9. Purgatorio
10. Divine Comedy (But Who Is Laughing?)
11. Peace And Love For All Mankind Forever
12. Son Of Man

There was going to be a 13th track...the song "Charity (Stop The Poorness)" which clocks in at 9 minutes and features some of Edge's most ambitious guitar work to date, but Larry made the sovereign decision to leave it off the album, claiming that "it's TOO good to be on an album. It's better left unreleased."

there is nothing new under the sun.

Hey! that could be a U2 album title...it's cliche, biblical, too long and worded awkwardly! Maybe I should copyright it!

Last edited:
Holy crap I did this thread just after Atomic Bomb came out.

Someone with search dig that up :p

iota said:
There was going to be a 13th track...the song "Charity (Stop The Poorness)" which clocks in at 9 minutes and features some of Edge's most ambitious guitar work to date, but Larry made the sovereign decision to leave it off the album, claiming that "it's TOO good to be on an album. It's better left unreleased."

:laugh:

iota said:
Mercy sucks.

Re: Re: Re: working tracklist for the new album

iota said:

You must have heard the Canadian version...

You must mean....

01 Mounty Station
02 Even Better Than Maple Syrup
03 '72
04 Until the End of the End (The Curling Song)
05 Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Snowmobile?
06 So Cold
07 The Moose
08 Mysterious Cold
09 Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around a Stripper (at Le Club Supersexe)
10 Cirque de Soleil
11 Love Is Hockey

Re: Re: Re: Re: working tracklist for the new album

Canadiens1160 said:

You must mean....

01 Mounty Station
03 '72
06 So Cold
07 The Moose
08 Mysterious Cold
10 Cirque de Soleil
11 Love Is Hockey

ha ha! What's '72? Obviously a reference to 40, but what's the Canadian significance?

Psst. Rumor has it that Bono is calling the new album a mix of titanium soul and punk rock from venus!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: working tracklist for the new album

Canadiens1160 said:

You must mean....

01 Mounty Station
03 '72
06 So Cold
07 The Moose
08 Mysterious Cold
10 Cirque de Soleil
11 Love Is Hockey

:lol:

iota said:

ha ha! What's '72? Obviously a reference to 40, but what's the Canadian significance?

I believe it may be a reference to the Canada-Russia hockey series of that year. It developed into a kind of soap opera on ice, as the much-favoured Canadians--a team full of NHL players--quickly realized they had a challenge on their hands with the Russians. I wasn't around back then, but the memory of this series has taken on biblical proportions in Canada, with the team's great comeback after falling behind. Every great nation has an ass-kicking story of some sort...this is ours, eh!

fir%20tree%20with%20rainbow%20cloud.jpg

The Unforgettable Fir

:help: ...couldn't resist.

Re: Re: Re: Re: working tracklist for the new album

Canadiens1160 said:

You must mean....

01 Mounty Station
03 '72
06 So Cold
07 The Moose
08 Mysterious Cold
10 Cirque de Soleil
11 Love Is Hockey

You just kept this thread from being crap. :lol: I wish U2 would stop being bastards already and play Cirque de Soleil in concert.

Here's an old post of mine, thought it would alright here:

Title of album: Edge is Dead

The cover photo is all four of them climbing the Joshua Tree, wearing candystriped barbershop quartet get-ups and Edge is the only member not wearing a hat. That would be like Kiss revealing their hideous faces in the 80s.

Tracks:
1) "Junior Mint" : 30 second Larry Mullen, Jr. drum solo. When he finishes Adam can faintly be heard saying "It's very refreshing!" and Brian Eno laughs through a distortion effect.

2) "Biggest Band On Earth" : Bono's scathing attack on..himself. It's actually a witty showtune where Bono resurrects MacPhisto as a mirror image...and is known for it's notorious sing along refrain: "Take a look at my robe, it's lovey French Silk. Having fun down there, girl? Oops look out...Got Milk?" It will be played on MTV but only after hours.

3) "O Africa, Brave Africa" : Just like "Freedom For My People" before it, this is nothing but a transition into the next track. It's a late night conversation between Bono and Bob Geldof backstage after Live8, and it's hard to decipher because they're both drunk and slurring their words in pirate accents. One line does get away: "Arrr never forget me mateys how ye crashed me moped" Who is actually saying this is a mystery. This segues into...

4) "The Problem As I See It (Milkshakes and Fries)" : Bono addresses another dilemma in our country..obesity. It's a really dark song that has the greatest Edge solo in the album. The verses showcase Bono's full range as a vocalist, singing an endless order of fast food through a DriveThru speaker effect always capping the order off with the chorus cries of "Wake Uuuup...with the Kiiing...Is it worth it?....Is it worth it?...O the Price one has to pay...for FREEEEEEdom..." The freedom line is open to interpretation.

5)"Put Out or Get Out" : Adam's first lead vocal. It's a synth pop masterpiece of seduction and was co-written by Trent Reznor.

6) "It was heaven on his bike" : Larry never truly recovered from the Rattle and Hum visit to Graceland. In this interpretive dance number...actually it's better seen live than heard here.

7) "Discoteque part Deux" : Begins with accapella chant "You can mock...but you can't deny it...you have yearned for this moment, baby...you might as well try it...me and Edge...we bedded with breakfast...and we finally finshed this song...it's almost perfect...echo go-go yo yo ma!...discoteque respeck!"

8) "Dublin I never Knew Ya" : The Band's political song played entirely with kazoos. It is the climax of every concert.

9) "Daniel Lanois, the Sausage King Of Chicago" : Daniel Lanois fought to have the title changed, but Bono insisted. It actually has nothing to do with Daniel Lanois whatsoever, but they needed a title badly. Lyrically, it is about war.

10) "Season's Greetings" : The final track is also U2 at their most disturbing. In this fictional tale of murder and betrayal..The Edge kills every member of the U2 team. He is pushed to the "edge' of paranoia...you can see it in the lyrics: "My baby's been sleepin' AROUND...you've seen her...my baby...she been goin' DOWN" At the end of the song, he takes his own life. His last words: "I stole the October lyrics...Bono was still sucking in those days...this is between you and me...how u like me NOW" and the song comes to a dead halt.

how about:

1. Terrible Tuesday
2. My Healing Knee
3. Pope(These Shades Are Too Clear)
4. I Like Africa a Lot
5. Head & Shoulders, Knees & Toes
6. A Dog And A Cat
7. Meditation
8. Empty Belly of Love
9. Naughty Nurses
10. Waiter, I'd Like My Pizza To Have Every Topping Co-Exist With The Perfect Blend Of Tomato Sauce & Mozzerella Cheese
11. God

Back
Top Bottom