"Womanfish" ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: "Womanfish" ???

biff said:

Wow, that's me you're quoting there! Yes, that's a great song. The video's nuts, as it's completely out of sync, including the woman introducing the song. That high voice in the middle is Bono. They're playing is way too tight for them to have been drunk, IMO. Anyway, I still have that video, and just watched it again. I still say Clayton looks like Roland Orzabal!

The playing was to tight??? I must have a different version!! ;) Have you listened to the whole performance or just Womanfish? They may not be "drunk" but they sound like they have had a few cocktails at the very least to me!

I only have Womanfish.:( I'd love to hear the rest. The band have said they never perform drunk, but who knows?

Like I said, they may not have technically been drunk, but they were definately pretty "jolly". I maybe wrong, I didnt check their blood alcohol levels before they went on so I dont know for sure. Just my observation on it. They are having a very good time and are very loose, I think we can agree on that! :)

i remember some quote from the band that they were on stage under influence only one (1977). Does that refere to drugs, or alchocol?

The performance of that song also sounds pretty tight for me too. That doesn't mean that they weren't enjoying themselves while doing it. :shrug: I love Edge's mean distortion and crazy riffs :)evil: ), wish they would do another song with that awesome beat!! And the use of a harmonica is great because it's totally unexpected (to me at least).

i have womanfish in mpeg version...but it's only this song, nothing more! They played only this performance on irish tv!

:shrug:

Thank you Neutral...and to everybody else for trying. I am in the midst of a project to assemble ALL their videos/appearences/etc and put them onto DVD. This was one of the most elusive for me. Bravo!

Can't wait to watch it...

:wink:

Don't know about the rest of the band, but I've just watched the whole TV Ga Ga performance again, and Bono certainly seems a little merry. When he speaks after 'Womanfish', he really slurs and stumbles over his words. He's also wobbling a bit, too... Neil

Back
Top Bottom