WITS Video now includes Beatles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonocomet

Blue Crack Distributor
Have you seen the newly edited first video version of Window in the Skies? (I saw it on VH1 this morning) It now includes lots of Beatles clips, as well as other new clips. Interesting!

Wow thanks. I just checked which version is there. It's the old version with no Beatles. The new version has Beatles loud and clear. I only saw it once, but I think each Beatle got their own pretty good sized clip.

I saw the video on VIVA TV (sort of German TV's version of MTV) and it has the first version, no Beatles.

I wonder who got removed for the Beatles and others to take their place? :hmm: I really want to see it again now!

bonocomet said:
I wonder who got removed for the Beatles and others to take their place? :hmm: I really want to see it again now!

Yeah me too! Who else was new on this latest video then bonocomet? Can you remember?

:reject: I can't remember now... When I saw the Beatles that was all I was thinking about. I've had VH1 on all morning, I'm sure they'll replay it, but they just played the "Baby U2" version about 15 minutes ago... so it may be a little longer to wait now.

I haven't seen the baby U2 one here yet... only the first version

Please let the beatles replace jayz, beyonce, mary j blidge and the african kids :wink:

I think the kids are gone... I don't remember seeing them... it was awfully early this morning though, hope I'm not wrong.

bonocomet said:
Have you seen the newly edited first video version of Window in the Skies? (I saw it on VH1 this morning) It now includes lots of Beatles clips, as well as other new clips. Interesting!

There are multiple Beatles clips all over the video?

They are pretty much all clumped together from what I remember. Someone else who saw it says the Beatles are right after the "I've got no shame" line.

That would be appropriate, being as that's one of the biggest Beatles moment of the song. So Keith is out?

I went to the link and only found the previous versions of the song.

Beatles version link?

I haven't been able to find any links yet to the Beatle version. I only saw it on TV (VH1). And yes 3 versions now.

what is it with U2 redoing their videos? Both the Saints are Coming and now WITS have had edits to make them better. Can't they get them right the first time? :huh:

I wonder if maybe they couldn't get the rights to use the clips in time for the release, or something like that.

Chizip said:
what is it with U2 redoing their videos? Both the Saints are Coming and now WITS have had edits to make them better. Can't they get them right the first time? :huh:

remember when this video first came out and people here were talking about why the beatles didnt show up in the video?

thats why u2 decided to redo this thing and its a clear indication that bono, edge, adam and larry are reading this board. a clear indication.

U2Man said:

remember when this video first came out and people here were talking about why the beatles didnt show up in the video?

thats why u2 decided to redo this thing and its a clear indication that bono, edge, adam and larry are reading this board. a clear indication.

If this video exists :) I'll bet they had to get clearances to use the Beatle footage from Paul, Ringo and Yoko. That probably took a while, so they put together the first version, test-marketed it on YouTube, and re-edited it once they got permissions. They probably took out some cheap footage that they got from the public domain.

I'd love to see it, so please post a link whenever it surfaces!

If this video exists? :grumpy:

:wink:

I'm sure it will turn up soon... Vh1 has it... and also Much Music in Canada.

Hasn't ANYbody else around here seen it yet?! :(

Back
Top Bottom