WITS - great track but why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smileplease

The Fly
I personally think the new track is great and yes, there's a tuch of Beatles in it. A nice little ditty.

But here's the issue. Why have they released this to radio now, the week that Saints has been released and in mid-November when the track isn't released until 1st Jan?

Here's my opinion. I think it's an admission that they've made a big mistake with Saints.

Don't get me wrong, the track is ok, the motives are admirable, but it aint a 'Greatest Hit' and it's being murdered in airplay by the new Oasis tune (The Masterplan) who are releasing their own Greatest Hits the same day as U2.

I listen to the radio 3hrs everyday (to work and back) across a multitude of stations and I think I've heard the Saints tune twice. It's too agressive for maintstream radio and lets face it, that's where the band lives.

U218 is a big deal for the band/record label and they need a decent tune on the radio selling it for them. It aint happening with Saints, so it seems to me that they're rushing WITS out to the radio stations to get them playing it and talking about the new compilation (the Capital Radio FM practically read out the press release about the Greatest Hits).

That's my opinion anyway...

I wish they'd just make it a double A-side single and put both Windows.. and Saints on it.

I would have stuck with just Wondows, or re-hashed a B-side, like Lady With The Spinning Head which is MASSIVELY underrated.

off the back of U2 fans buying it. Watch it drop like a stone out of the top 20 next week.

It aint getting any airplay and thus it's not promoting the forthcoming album.

They should finally release their 1982 masterpiece - 'Be there.' Seriously if they cleaned this up a little it woulda be huge. Listen to it if you haven't, it's frickin beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom