"With or Without You" and "So Lonely"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LDM007

The Fly
I gave "The Very Best of Sting & The Police" a good listen to, and I listened to the last track "So Lonely".

I don't know if it has ever been brought up before, but did anyone else notice that "So Lonely" has practically the same bassline as "With or Without You".

It just goes to show that there are only so many notes that can be arranged and rearranged in a certain order.

I think there are alot of songs with a WOWY-like bassline. (or So Lonely bassline, whatever)

It's pretty simple and fits well into these sad songs. :sad:

catlhere said:
I think there are alot of songs with a WOWY-like bassline. (or So Lonely bassline, whatever)

It's pretty simple and fits well into these sad songs. :sad:

that's true... attempt to U2's 'miracle drug' or Matafix's 'Big city life'... It's the same bassline...

It's not the first time U2 makes it... even with them own songs... Listen to EBTTRT, Salome, Levitate and then compare the basslines...:wink:

The baseline for WOWY is such a common progressin I'm sure there are thousands of songs with similar ones.

tuwie said:
even chords =)
The Edge is very economic in recycling his chords, and yet he does it so beautifully <3

Exactly!!! :drool:

That bassline has been used EVERYWHERE, and when it started being used for chords the whole 'nu-punk/Blink 182' mudslide based entire discographies on that progression. So I think Clayton gets away with it somehow. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom