With A Shout - very underrated!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
I didn't wanna use the A:censored:n word in the title of this thread. :wink:

Anyway... just wanted to see how many people here agree with me that 'With A Shout' is impressive. It's probably the most religious song U2 ever wrote and (maybe even because of that)very underrated here. I like the lyrics but musically I think it's even better.

Oh, and where do we go
Where do we go from here
Where to go
To the side of a hill
Blood was spilt
We were still looking
At each other

Adam's bass :drool:

I've actually always considered this my favorite song on October.

surprisingly positive first reply... nice. :wink:

:ohmy: Woah... I just realized when Bono sings that line 'Where do we go from here' and then 'Where to go'.... it almost sounds like Vertigo. :wink:

October is an underrated album...period. I agree with you that With a Shout is impressive, and it's my favourite song on October after "I Fall Down" and "Gloria"

Cheers

Zootlesque said:

:ohmy: Woah... I just realized when Bono sings that line 'Where do we go from here' and then 'Where to go'.... it almost sounds like Vertigo. :wink:

That's right Zootlesque, Vertigo is everywhere, Vertigo is your favourite U2 song. You want to hear Vertigo all the time, twice.

That said... With a Shout is rockin' :up: the bridge with the horn or whatever is cool and different, Larry's drums are great at that part...and thanks for not using that dreaded A-word.

Shout, with a shout... *killer bassline!!*

I would just like to add that Fire is also quite a brilliant song. I fucking love the bridge part around 2:50... I love this whole song in fact, it's much better than With a Shout :wink:

Fire reminds me of Franz Ferdinand...

probably because Franz Ferdinand also did a song called Fire.

but honestly I haven't listened to October enough, I started listening to it and it was like I found some great album I didn't know I had.

Tomorrow is amazing.

With a Shout - never thought I'd see an *a---------n* thread for this song, but count me in. Cool song. I think the lyrics are good (they are certainly not cliche!), although not great.

It's probably tied in 4 with Stranger in a Strange Land... of course those can be 5th depending on if I'm in a Tomorrow-like mood

As I already said here, excepting the great "Gloria", I'm not a fan of October, but I have to say that With a Shout is one of October best songs after "Gloria". I admitted...

October is very under rated and so are a lot of its good songs. I personally like it much better than Zooropa. With A Shout, Gloria, Fire, Rejoice...:drool:

BEVERLY56 said:
I've never heard this song - I don't have that album.

I'm tempted to type this smiley---> :shocked:
but I won't... even though I already did.

Run, don't walk... to the store and get October! It's usually pretty cheap.

Done.
:shocked: :shocked:

Exit is even with Running To Stand Still and Red Hill Mining Town as my favorite tracks on The Joshua Tree. I'd go ahead and say it's the hardest rocking song they have ever made.

As for With A Shout, I love the drumming and it is an above average song from a catalog with too many hits to mention. If a lesser known band comes out with this in 1981, it might have been a hit.

probably my fav on the album. i was surprised to hear edge say he DREADS IT. he actually said he never wants to ever hear it again (paraphrased)

October - Favorite Album.

With A Shout - within the top 4 of that album.

marik said:
probably my fav on the album. i was surprised to hear edge say he DREADS IT. he actually said he never wants to ever hear it again (paraphrased)

Yeah, that surprised me. I think it's one of the better songs on the album myself. But I think "October" is underrated in general.

Agreed, the more I listen to this album the more I really love it...it's like the U2 album I didn't know I had!

Back
Top Bottom