Winter Coming???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mofo82

Refugee
With all the photos that surfaced of U2 in the empty swimming pool (Spain), I was wondering how that could work into a possible title, if these are in fact the photos that make the album cover. I see a relation between the rumored "Winter" title and the empty pool.

Need some feedback. What do you think- what possibilities you think the title could be with these photos?

That makes sense, good observation! But I wonder about the title really being Winter because:

1-It's not a good name for a tour, especially since they will tour the next spring and summer!:huh:
2-Winter could only invite more age related comments and jokes about them being over the hill, winter of their life, etc. :mad:
3-You sure the same guy who made up "Solar" didn't do this too?:crazy:

It is indeed interesting. Fun to speculate why a supposed "burner" of an album would be [possibly] called such a chilly name, if you will.

Winter sounds a bit too simple for one of their albums. Like one of these new rock bands kind of title.

I would much rather have a self titled album than one called "Winter". Especially after already having an calbum called "October".

chances are about 50% that you won't even be able to recognize the surroundings as a swimming pool though (if the shots are taken as close ups)

Corbijn might just have liked the colours or the way the light hit the inside of the pool or whatever
so I wouldn't read too much in it

"winter" is not the name of the new album. can we talk about something more productive?

thanks mikal...
dont be a thread killer

some of us care about the creative process

i agree with salome's comment about just the color working, which would be an improvemnt from atyclb's photography

ZigZag said:
Winter sounds a bit too simple for one of their albums.

you're right... u2 never picks one word album titles... way too simple...

boy.jpg
u2_october.jpg
u2_war.jpg
u2-pop.jpg

:wink:

Salome said:
chances are about 50% that you won't even be able to recognize the surroundings as a swimming pool though (if the shots are taken as close ups)

Corbijn might just have liked the colours or the way the light hit the inside of the pool or whatever
so I wouldn't read too much in it

Good idea! They could be using it to look like a pale aqua blue background with no right angles that could come out looking like they're floating in the sky or something!

i heard it was going to be a double album

Winter is the name of one of the cds, Summer is the name of the other

actually, its gonna be a double double cd, 4 discs, called, Winter, Summer, Spring, and Fall

thats what i heard

What if its... a double album called Solar/Winter?

:hmm:

I don't know, it seems kind of a provisional title (IF it's true).

I like the idea of a double album with Solar/Winter! :love:

I think they will save the self title for the box set at the end.

I think the "Winter" rumored title is a play on the "Solar" rumored title. Makes sense, right? Right? Winter/Solar....whatever, just give me an album.

And you know no one ever likes the name of an album before it's released. Like The Joshua Tree and Acthung Baby made any sense before you heard the songs on it.

im liking the way solar/winter play off one another...when you say the two together they remind me of a comparison bono would come up within a song, especially of his use of weather, seasons in addition to in lyrics.
from the pictures taken , it looks like corbijn has made a 'solar winter' with the empty pool in portugal, which i'd assume is a warm climate. the double album thing would be sweet with the two polar opposites, if the work u2 did with the different producers was really that different ( maybe u2 rocked with thomas- harsh winter- and mellowed out with lillywhite )

i know this is all speculation and there are people that think we should spend our time on something 'more productive' but this is my off time and im lovin the build up for this album...ive been hangin in there just as long as the rest of you, so chill out...that's all for now

mofo82 said:
thanks mikal...
dont be a thread killer

some of us care about the creative process

and i'm one of them. i actually care enough to know that U2 is not going to call their new album "winter."

*kills thread even harder

Back
Top Bottom