Window in the Skies vs Sweetest Thing vs Electrical Storm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drt4

The Fly
So for all the best of albums, which has the best bonus song: WITS, Sweetest Thing, or Electrical Storm.

I don't want to count Saints, because it is a cover, or Hands that Built America, since it was on a soundtrack. And it's lousy anyway I think!

My vote is WITS. Electrical Storm is over-rated here I think. Sweetest Thing was fun for a while, but not that great. And the original is better.

Though I do actually enjoy Saints better than any of those. I'm not totally sold on WITS. Overall U2 hasn't given us any stunning bonus tracks on their best of albums. I think.

Others?

Last edited:
depends on my mood, but at the moment 1.Window in the Skies, 2. Sweetest Thing and 3. Electrical Storm, but it can easially change and Electrical Storm could go number 1.

KUEFC09U2 said:
because of the way he sings in these songs?

Yes, thats one of the reasons, but I still think WITS is a overrated song, it hasnt grown on me like other U2 songs has done on me. It is a too catchy, to much Beatles, this song should be on a Beatles tribute cd.

I've only listened to Window once, and immediately thought it very Beatlesque. I need to listen to it more for any other opinion.

Love Electrical Storm and Sweetest Thing for very different reasons...marriage-type, long-term relationship songs.

But...it's always great to hear a new U2 song...can never take these things for granted.

1. Electrical Storm
2. The Sweetest Thing
3. Window in the Skies

that said, I'm a big fan of all three.

I love Electrical Storm. It has so much atmosphere - no pun intended.

I'm really meh on WITS, and the single version of The Sweetest Thing is just too sacharine. (I kind of like the original version, though.)

Back
Top Bottom