window in the Skies single?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
http://www.u2.com/highlights/?hid=329

'Oh, Can't You See...'

Here's the sleeve for 'Window in the Skies', the new U2 single set for release on January 1st. The b-side will feature Tower of Song with Leonard Cohen.

In case you missed us mentioning this earlier, the track is an all-new U2 song which the band recorded with Rick Rubin at Abbey Road Studios in London in September. You can also find it on the new album U218 Singles

The band performed the track live for the first time in Japan last week and also played it on Japanese TV which you can view here.

Window In The Skies will be released as a 2 track CD, maxi CD, and as a DVD single. B sides include Tower of Song, a collaboration with Leonard Cohen, taken from the film ‘Leonard Cohen: I’m Your Man’.

Formats as follows:

CD 1
1. Window In The Skies
2. Tower of Song - U2 and Leonard Cohen - from the motion picture soundtrack ‘Leonard Cohen: I’m Your Man’

CD 2
1. Window In The Skies
2. Zoo Station - live from Buenos Aires, March 2006
3. Kite - live from Sydney, 11th November 2006

DVD
1. Window In The Skies
2. The Saints Are Coming video - U2 and Green Day
3. Tower of Song video – from the film ‘Leonard Cohen: I'm Your Man’

Does anyone else remember the time when U2's single covers didn't suck?

LemonMacPhisto said:
Does anyone else remember the time when U2's single covers didn't suck?

I'm afraid I wasn't born at that time.... :wink:

ok I was alive during Achtung Baby, and actually like the four covers of that one..... but this one really sucks, just like the video :sigh: and another great song screwed with crap marketing!

This is actually worse than the single covers with just pictures of the bands and a bunch of /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////.

a tragedy.
u2 thinks they made something for fans and not for casual listeners. releasing two of most unexpected songs from last tour is not that big thing. do it few more times and we'll talk.
as for the cover....no words

ok the dvd info is incorrect

Window in the Skies (Pal Eng)

I scrolled down a bit

Actors: U2
Format: Import, NTSC
Language: German
Region: Unknown. Read more about region encoding and how it may affect you here.

So since when did U2 become fluent in German, and what is it, PAL or NTSC?

:rolleyes:

lame cover :drool:

also, wtf isnt the wits video included on one of the disks instead of that saints piece of crap?

I want all 3 songs on CD2. Even the single version of WITS is much better than the album version. Once I get this, I'll never play the album take again.

Who gives a shit about the cover? I think given the fact that U2 have no new original songs for b-sides, and that this is not part of a major album campaign, that the content of these singles is pretty good.

I'll look out for the DVD single. Has all the 2006 U2 songs on it.

I think CD 2 live songs will be in the IMAX movie anyway.

Not a big fan of the cover either but I'm wondering whether or not having the words form/symbolize a Christian cross was done intentionally (though upside down).:hmm:

Justin24 said:
What is so good about Kite on the Australian leg of the tour?

Revamped version , big new solo at the end

Elevation versions are jokes compared with Vertigo versions

Roland of Gilead said:
I want all 3 songs on CD2. Even the single version of WITS is much better than the album version. Once I get this, I'll never play the album take again.

:applaud: Agreed! I'm not playing the album version anyway, cause the single version is much better... and doesn't have a puking Bono in it :wink:

:drool: CD2 for me it is.... I laready have the Cohen song, so why would I need that again, official or not?

Back
Top Bottom