Willie Williams just emailed me, THEY ARE COMING BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I almost just fell out of my seat here at work.

THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

I had emailed Willie Williams a while ago when he left the third leg of the Elevation tour to find out what he had been working on. I saw some stuff online that he was involved in in Europe, but never heard back.

Until now.

Out of nowhere he sent this to me:

"Having just survived Superbowl, I?ll be back at the helm of the U2 ship in July when we do a round of European stadiums. Rumour has it that this tour will end one day!

W.W "

I cannot believe it!

You guys in Europe have to be very excited, the rumour seems to be true they are coming back!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope U2 will tour states in 2003 or in the end of 2002 , atleast i have time to collect money
biggrin.gif

I hope they will play Dublin in late August or any time after that, because all going well, I may be living there by then.

------------------
Love was never a single emotion

-ACROB@T

Holy flip! First Dallas calls MikeSt and now Willie emails ouizy. Interferencers got connections, baby!
biggrin.gif

Great news. More inspiration to get my bills paid off and finances in order so I can catch more Elevation shows.

-sula

Originally posted by scatteroflight:
I hope they will play Dublin in late August or any time after that, because all going well, I may be living there by then.

smile.gif
I was reading in the newsletter here last week that u2 are trying to come to belfast or derry which is only 3 hours away from Dublin so if they do come here u could go see them here in the north
biggrin.gif

I know - it was totally weird. Out of nowhere and months later, I get this email.

Incredible.

I also read somewhere recently that Bono regrets no playing N.Ireland this year and that they are doing everything in their power to get a show up there this summer.

I would put money on the fact you will see a show in N.Ireland this summer.

ouizy (still reeling from that email...)

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Holy flip! First Dallas calls MikeSt and now Willie emails ouizy. Interferencers got connections, baby!
biggrin.gif

-sula

My friends think I'm a freak for not only knowing the names of the people who work for U2, but for being able to identify them in a crowd. Do other bands' set designers and guitar techs have as many fans as U2's?! lol...

Originally posted by bono-vox:
smile.gif
I was reading in the newsletter here last week that u2 are trying to come to belfast or derry which is only 3 hours away from Dublin so if they do come here u could go see them here in the north
biggrin.gif

Yes, I want to visit the North sometime and that would be the best way!!

------------------
Love was never a single emotion

-ACROB@T

i knew they would be touring again!

hey ouizy, are you gonna email Willie back?? come on, try to get some details for us common folk!!

Originally posted by NicaMom:
Cool!
Ask him when they're coming back to the USA, pleeease?

Prolly not until after the next album. After playing 80 shows here, let's hope they spread the wealth a bit to the rest of the world.

Jezebel:

Where do you think they got the info...

;-)

I honestly hope this is true and I did not F anything up. I mean, why would he email ME, and not hold back anything he said???

Originally posted by ouizy:
Jezebel:

;-)

I honestly hope this is true and I did not F anything up. I mean, why would he email ME, and not hold back anything he said???

Don't worry--Willie's no fool. He's been around the U2 block a time or two and knows that if he puts that info out there to a fan it will be all over the place in seconds. You done good.

[This message has been edited by joyfulgirl (edited 02-07-2002).]

Ivan and Sula, I'm with you guys! I'm still broke from last year...I just hope and pray my new job sends me overseas this summer, close to where the boys may be!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by IvanClaytonJnr:
I hope U2 will tour states in 2003 or in the end of 2002 , atleast i have time to collect money
biggrin.gif

Great news. More inspiration to get my bills paid off and finances in order so I can catch more Elevation shows.

that's AWESOME news ouizy! Very exciting...your brush with U2 fame!
smile.gif

Bono-vox - I will be there with you if they come to Belfast or Derry. And I can visit my friends!!! Did I see somewhere you work at the royal hospital...

Woo Hoo!!!! U2 are coming back. Now if I could only pay off those credit card bills from my last U2 summer extravaganza!

------------------
...Its no secret that a liar won't believe in anyone else...

Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees:
WOOHOO! Stuff the summer job, I'm gonna see U2!

::
tongue.gif
ouring celebratory bowl of muesli:::

Alright, that was obviously supposed to say pouring. But I guess I've found out how to make the
tongue.gif
smiley.

Look here Fizzing Whizbees:

http://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/smilies.html

smile.gif

------------------
"Very strange looking object you have at the end of your stick.." - Bono

"Bono looks too intense for me." - Rollercoaster Tycoon park guest

"Don't call me Shirley." - Larry

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

Originally posted by ouizy:
Jezebel:

;-)

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!! Really, ouizy? No wonder you are so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom