Will you hold out until the release date?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:hmm: I dunno.

I didn't do it with ATYCLB and I bought that album the day it came out - I don't think it spoiled anything because those were just 30 sec bits.

I'll wait for the single and decide if I will buy the album, in theory.

'decide' if you'll buy the album U2 girl????? Is there an album you don't own???????

would you really NOT buy the album? U2 is one of the few bands that have soo much great stuff they can't release it all as singles... ;-)

Holding out will be hard so I will try just to listen to everyone's comments here and read magazines to hold me over.......I will probably listen to the single over and over and over and over

I'm going to try to hold out because I learned my lesson with ATYCLB. I was so excited to hear new U2 that I downloaded the entire album off of Napster using a 28.8k modem (it took me about 24 hours).

Wait, that's not the bad part. I had just moved to a new place right before I downloaded and I didn't realize it but all of my dial-up numbers had become long distance (even though I was still in the same area code). When I got my phone bill I had about $75 in long distance charges.

Of course, I still had to buy an original copy of the album the day it came out -- I paid $13 at Target. So in total, I paid $88 for ATYCLB.

For this new album I'm going to try and keep the total around $15.

Last edited:
Ah, the good old days of Napster...

Yes, I'll be all over those downloads like stink on shit. Then I'll buy the album the day it comes out. Great deal, I think.

innocent_eyes said:
'decide' if you'll buy the album U2 girl????? Is there an album you don't own???????

would you really NOT buy the album? U2 is one of the few bands that have soo much great stuff they can't release it all as singles... ;-)

:reject:
ATYCLB, MDH soundtrack, Passengers and Wide awake in America are the albums I own. (and BD single)

Only because my older brother is also a fan, and obviously bought the other albums as I was too young and not that interested in the POP era.

Well, if I reallly disliked the single I wouldn't be so sure...besides my brother had a bit of a problem with me showing up with ATYCLB. :D

Not even I own all the albums. I dont own Boy or October and probably never will.
October maybe, but the really early stuff is meh.

I am moving into my local HMV next week and propping my eyelids open with toothpicks to be sure I wont miss the album the second it comes in.

whats wrong with you people, go buy the damned catalogue, you spend all of your time on this message board and you dont even own all the albums?!?! some fans you are. as with most u2 albums, boy and october grow on you. go to a used cd store, buy the fucking albums

Angela Harlem said:
October maybe, but the really early stuff is meh.

*falls off chair in shock*

But ... but ... pre-UF is the best era!

t8thgr8 said:
whats wrong with you people, go buy the damned catalogue, you spend all of your time on this message board and you dont even own all the albums?!?! some fans you are. as with most u2 albums, boy and october grow on you. go to a used cd store, buy the fucking albums

:lol: I couldn't give a shit if Boy and October grew on trees mate :D
I'll buy 'em if and when I fee like it :wink:

I do love these arguments...

t8thgr8 said:

If you're referring to me, I explained why I don't have all the albums. ( I made tapes of the rest of the albums I don't have - I don't see any point in having 2 copies of several U2 albums in our house )
I also don't see why the amount of U2 albums anyone has is any indication how much of a fan they are.

U2girl I think it was that 2 of us in a row posted we dont have all the albums. You know you dont have to explain it or justify it to anyone, but that said I dont think (or hope) that t8thgr8 was being entirely serious anyway. I'd hope not because there was so much wrong with what he/she said :D

It's all good. :)

i was being overdramatic, i like to make myself laugh. seriously though, i dont think one can truly know a band unless they listen to all albums said band puts out, each tells a story in the development of what we know today

There should be some Emergency U2 Music Service armed with quality bootlegs of concerts from whatever era the victim is refusing to buy an album from ...

It all depends. If it hits the net like a month before it hits the stores than I'll have to listen to it. I will of course buy the album the day it gets here. But if it hits the net like 5 days before I have the CD than I'll try my best to wait till I have the album. But still even on the first possibility I will try not to listen to the whole thing, just a few.... it's hard to say.

Boy is classic. They were what, 18 or 19 making that record? It was sonically and lyrically a mature record for 4 boys to make.

ok how many of you bit the dust and downloaded the new snippet? ha. I'm still holding on for dear life........

Spooner said:
ok how many of you bit the dust and downloaded the new snippet? ha. I'm still holding on for dear life........

Resistance is futile.

Downloading the clip enhanced my quality of life.

Back
Top Bottom