Will U2 Release Any More Singles From HTDAAB?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Snowlock said:

Totally agree. You can see U2 videos on VH1 - You just have to be up at 3 AM to do so. ABOY and COBL were both very common on their over night shows; as common as Coldplay, Mariah Carey or Dave Matthews. And you do here the new U2 singles on various Sirius channels and they're common here in Mpls on the adult oriented rock station as well.

Exactly! On my DVR I record the shows and watch it in the morning. I mostly just fast forward through it all... but most of the stuff that's on there is either Rap, Mariah, or Green Day. Besides TRL, MTV doesn't really play music videos during the day time.

But its good though that I occasionally see U2 on BOTH VH1 and MTV. Vertigo, All Because of You, and OOTS, have lots of play time on there. City of Blinding Lights I didn't see that much on MTV though....

And honestly, I can't stand some of the shit - James Blunt? - that MTV plays over and over again. Especially the rap. I'm watching the video, and I'm just like... how the hell can this take preference over U2?

It's amazing the US music market...

Well I finally heard SYCMIOYO on the radio....THe funny thing is that it was on our local radio station....not a big one...I live within Chicago distance for radio, and never once have I heard anything but Vertigo from this album on a Chicago station, and then all of a sudden SYCMIOYO comes on our tiny little local radio station....The shock I felt this morning...:eek:

SiW87 said:

And honestly, I can't stand some of the shit - James Blunt? - that MTV plays over and over again. Especially the rap. I'm watching the video, and I'm just like... how the hell can this take preference over U2?

It's amazing the US music market...

Amazing the US market?! Wasn't the stupid James Blunt song voted one of the ten best EVER in the UK???

ps, but yes, the us market does suck. It's amazing to me that they wonder about the slumping album sales when most of the "music" isn't even listenable.

Whether or not it's been officially relased as a single Miracle Drug has been being played here(Red Deer, Alberta) on the radio ever snce the album was released. I heard it on radio before I heard ABOY. In fact I heard Miracle Drug on the radio again yesterday. I've heard it probably 5 times as much as I've heard COBL. Weird.

Back
Top Bottom