Will U2 play the REAL lead single on Fallon show ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
will anyone from here be at the taping?

I'd gladly fly over from Dublin just for this, but my understanding is that since this is the first show, there's zero chance of getting stand by tickets.

I got a reservation. While filling out the form, I thought I was going to be sick! I kept staring at the reservation making sure I picked the right date, that I was reading it correctly, etc. It was like being on Ticketmaster trying to get in for a U2 concert. I wish I could take all of you!

I call bullshit. What is your source's name? Address? SSN? Where do they attend church? Why can't you tell us? WHY? If it was anyone of any importance, like Lorna Michaels or Amy Polar or Robin Greensplat, you could just say so, noone will fire them,. We need to know, if we are to believe you have FACTS.

How about a W2?

:madspit:

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

I got a reservation. While filling out the form, I thought I was going to be sick! I kept staring at the reservation making sure I picked the right date, that I was reading it correctly, etc. It was like being on Ticketmaster trying to get in for a U2 concert. I wish I could take all of you!

Can you check your PM, svp? ;)

VERY cool, enjoy it! :)

If the song they play isn't Invisible I'll be shocked. Why in the world would they advertise it during the Superbowl, do all kinds of other promotion for it, and put out a video for it and then a few days later go on Fallon and play something else? That wouldn't make any sense.

If they play two songs, maybe we'll get Ordinary Love, I Will Follow or Beautiful Day.

If they play two songs, maybe we'll get Ordinary Love, I Will Follow or Beautiful Day.

Bono said in an interview today that U2 will perform ordinary love live only at the Oscars.

U2 will perform their nominated song “Ordinary Love” on the Oscar show. “It’ll be the only band performance of the song,” he said. “After Mandela died, we didn’t think it would be right to release it as a single, because it would seem like we were trying to capitalize. So we’re going to do it this once – but it’s a pretty good place to do it.”

Inside the Oscar Nominees Luncheon: Bono Tells a Secret, David O. Russell Makes a Deal - TheWrap

Righto everyone, knock Ordinary Love out of your predicted setlists for the next tour.

For the first one or two legs anyway. This is the guy who initially said One Tree Hill wouldn't be performed, only to change his mind for the JT Tour's third leg.

Righto everyone, knock Ordinary Love out of your predicted setlists for the next tour.

For the first one or two legs anyway. This is the guy who initially said One Tree Hill wouldn't be performed, only to change his mind for the JT Tour's third leg.

And who said that Sunday Bloody Sunday wouldn't be performed after the Denver Joshua Tree Tour show, right?

Also, thank God One Tree Hill was performed live.

And who said that Sunday Bloody Sunday wouldn't be performed after the Denver Joshua Tree Tour show, right?

Also, thank God One Tree Hill was performed live.

He was great at going back on his word about songs around the JT era. :lol:

I think they'll bring it back for the tour. With some time passing, I can definitely seeing them play it live again sometime in the future. It has won them a Golden Globe and is up for an Oscar, so I don't think they'll put that song away forever. I'm curious about the Oscars performance and a little sad we won't get OL at the Fallon show, but maybe that will leave more room for them to play an extended version of Invisible :love:

No, they've said at various occasions that Bono wrote the song after U2 were asked to contribute music to the Mandela movie and after he was sent love letters that Nelson wrote to Winnie Mandela, so that's the origin of the song.

But the song can be taken out of context any time. If it wasn't connected to the movie, it's very easy to assume it has nothing to do with Mandela. It's very universal.

Back
Top Bottom