Will U2 ever get the MTV Icon treatment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shucks, other lists are interesting too :)

I also would add Bruce Springsteen to do Sunday bloody Sunday.

*edit* Now that I think of it my choices look more like an All star U2 tribute than an MTV Icon setting lol.

Last edited:
How many songs does the featured band play? 2 or 3?

If it's two songs I agree with U2 playing Bad and Where the streets have no name. If it's three I would add Until the end of the world.

oh man i want some of the sweet Avril ass.i would first
la.gif
then i would
smileysex5.gif
and then i would
blowjob.gif
and also
jerk.gif

shake it baby shake it
boobies.gif

shaun vox said:
oh man i want some of the sweet Avril ass.i would first
la.gif
then i would
smileysex5.gif
and then i would
blowjob.gif
and also
jerk.gif

shake it baby shake it
boobies.gif

Nice to know I'm not alone in wanting Avril to be part of the U2 MTV Icon performer list. Avril would do a good cover of Mofo. That girl can rock!

Cheers,

J
The King Of POP

Red Ships of Scalla-Festa said:
ya, she can rock as hard as atyclb. :up:

Nah, I still don't see her covering Elevation. That's too rocky for her. A softer song but still with a rock edge like Mofo would be more appropriate.

Cheers,

J
The King Of POP

How about Foo Fighters doing Electric Co. (That would be quite excellent)?

And Audioslave doing The Fly. (MTV would pick someone like that)?

The only tribute I want to see involving Avril is if she fell down a well, and various celebrities sang for her rescue.

Kinda sick, but funny at the same time.

:yes:

Red Ships of Scalla-Festa said:
what about matchbox twenty doing a cover of one?

or C reed doing a cover of until the end of the world?

im starting to like the way you think, jick...

I'm not a big fan of Matchbox 20. Their songs are quite monotonous, and they all sound the same - no variety. Kinda like Radiohead as of late - you've heard one you've heard them all. And I think Matchbox 20 are a bit over-the-hill for today's teenage demographic.

As for C Reed, I don't know him but I know Lou Reed. Maybe Lou Reed can do a cover of U2's cover of Satellite Of Love. Now that would be good irony, just to represent U2's irony in the 1990's.

Cheers,

J
The King Of POP

jick said:

I'm not a big fan of Matchbox 20. Their songs are quite monotonous, and they all sound the same - no variety. Kinda like Radiohead as of late - you've heard one you've heard them all. And I think Matchbox 20 are a bit over-the-hill for today's teenage demographic.

As for C Reed, I don't know him but I know Lou Reed. Maybe Lou Reed can do a cover of U2's cover of Satellite Of Love. Now that would be good irony, just to represent U2's irony in the 1990's.

Cheers,

J
The King Of POP

why oh why was i so late on this guy!

your awesome man, keep up the good work. sorry for screaming at you before, but your act is so convincing.

Back
Top Bottom