Will They Receive The Same Amount of Flack?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dismantle

Babyface
I just saw the new TV commercial for the Sony PSP (Playstation Portable). The music playing in the commercial was none other than Franz Ferdinand's 'Take Me Out'!!

My question...will they receive the same amount of flack/backlash as U2? They are considered my many as one of the best bands around at the moment...

Discuss ;)

Nowhere near the same amount of flack. Franz does not appear in the ad and the band name is never mentioned. Plus they are not nearly as well known among the general population.

I always liked the iPod commercial though and did not think U2 should have gotten that much flack.

Nah - F.F haven't been around long enough for ppl to really accuse them of anything. They need all the publicity they can get - being one of the newer bands around right now.

also, FF don't meddle in politics and dont try and save the world. I think people were upset that U2 are so anti-poverty but still 'sold themselves out' to apple. (We know they didn't get paid for it, but who else does?)

Headache in a Suitcase said:
"take me out" was featured in last year's MVP Baseball for playstation... lots of "new" and upcomming bands put their songs, for money, in popular video games in order to get more exposure. :shrug: who cares.

:up:
I reckon if they'd have been asked - 'Out of Control' could've been used in a Nike trainers commercial or sth like that in the early 80's!:wink:

Didnt Iron Maiden have their 'Phantom of the Opera' song in a Lucozade ad when they were starting out back then?:scratch:

Back
Top Bottom