Will they play AYGWF?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

malhithearnaz

The Fly
Are you gonna wait forvever?

The Mercy lovers hijacked all the hype when it came out, but for me personally, it's The Edge at his best. It has such a great riff, and a great chorus, though it's not instantly catchy. My favorite U2 songs tend to be very 'Are you gonna wait forever'-ish. I have to admit I have heard it more times than any song off HUT DAB, I have my iTunes play count as evidence!

Anyway, Is there any chance it might be played on the tour?

AYGWF could be a great song with that riff, but again, I think it got lost somewjere in the production...
Like they're not the same band that made SBS, Wire, Mofo, HMTMKMKM, Acrobat...

Headache in a Suitcase said:
there's a better chance of the band playing nothing but neil diamond covers, wearing only boxer shorts and tube socks, with the new kids on the block as the opening band, then there is of are you gonna wait forever or mercy ever being played live. thank you.
SO YOU'RE SAYING THERE'S A CHANCE?!

I doubt it. I think they might play Fast Cars, though. For some reason, I see that as a song being played during the encore. Dunno why, but that's what I think.

I don't think they will play AYGWF (even though playing that riff feels great!), it's not a very strong song. But I can see a a Edge and Bono acoustic version of Fast Cars done a few times through the tour. And I do think there's chance they play Mercy. And that would be awesome! :yes:

I would like them too play "Alex descends into hell for a bottle of milk(Korova 1)", now that would be greaaaaaaaaat!:wink:

I think they will play Are you Gonna Wait Forever....and then launch immediately into Holy Joe followed by Big Girls are best......

So the real answer is absolutely not.

It would be great but in my opinion all songs off the album would be great live except for maybe one step closer.

I reckon they shouldn't play anything off the new album. They come on stage and play the whole of Pop and Achtung Baby, now that would be different.:wink:

malhithearnaz said:
Are you gonna wait forvever?

The Mercy lovers hijacked all the hype when it came out, but for me personally, it's The Edge at his best. It has such a great riff, and a great chorus, though it's not instantly catchy. My favorite U2 songs tend to be very 'Are you gonna wait forever'-ish. I have to admit I have heard it more times than any song off HUT DAB, I have my iTunes play count as evidence!

Anyway, Is there any chance it might be played on the tour?

Sadly, no one in this forum will ever find out since they were all locked out of tickets or their ticket codes weren't working. So no tour info might be had.

Cheers,

J

Re: Re: Will they play AYGWF?

jick said:

Sadly, no one in this forum will ever find out since they were all locked out of tickets or their ticket codes weren't working. So no tour info might be had.

Cheers,

J

Bit of an exaggaration Jick ol' son!

Back
Top Bottom