Will the ZooTV Sydney DVD top Slane??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Will the ZooTV Sydney DVD top Slane??

• Yes, Zoo Sydney will make Slane look as crappy as Adam did the night before Sydney was filmed.

Votes: 74 62.2%
  • No, the Goal is Soul, and Slane touched mine.

Votes: 18 15.1%
  • Eh, I'll like them both the same.

Votes: 27 22.7%

• Total voters
I think ZooTV Sydney will be a great collectors piece and a great asset to people who couldn't at Zoo TV and only heard bootlegs. I think however, Zoo TV has this "Dark" appeal to it that can turn some people off. Slane was really laid back, warm and just down to earth. Slane had so much emotion and the band not trying to be anything, that's what made it great.

I think that ZOO TV will be good, but not great because it was an act U2 put on. I'd rather much see the band themselves, than well actors...

Zootlesque said:
Axver, you know you're just trying to be different from everybody else by saying you dislike Achtung Baby & Zoo TV. Trying to be cool or rebellious or something. Deep inside, you know you love them the best! :tsk:

;)

:laugh: I knew it all along!

Slane is good and all, but I hardly know anything about the ZooTV shows. (Does anyone know where I can go for info? Wikipedia maybe?) But what I do know is, it sounds way cooler.

I can't FARKIN wait!!!!!!!!

I also think I will vote for ZooTV just because it's in Syndey, which is in my homeland!!

*opening to Zoo Station plays through head*

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

theu2fly said:
I think ZooTV Sydney will be a great collectors piece and a great asset to people who couldn't at Zoo TV and only heard bootlegs. I think however, Zoo TV has this "Dark" appeal to it that can turn some people off. Slane was really laid back, warm and just down to earth. Slane had so much emotion and the band not trying to be anything, that's what made it great.

I think that ZOO TV will be good, but not great because it was an act U2 put on. I'd rather much see the band themselves, than well actors...

Hmm...I agree with this too. That's good reasoning. A couple that I know say both ZooTV and Lovetown and said Lovetown was much better, just for the sheer fact that ZooTV was a sound and lights show, an act, whereas Lovetown was more homely or magical or something like that.

COBL_04 said:

Slane is good and all, but I hardly know anything about the ZooTV shows. (Does anyone know where I can go for info? Wikipedia maybe?) But what I do know is, it sounds way cooler.

Ohh, for real? Well, you're going to be blown away when you pop that DVD in, my friend. The Zoo TV/Zooropa tour was absolutely awesome. Sometimes I wish I could somehow wipe my brain and be re-exposed to the whole thing. LOL. You're probably going to love it.

As for info about the tour, I'd recommend reading "U2: At the End of the World" by Bill Flanagan. The tour itself, the meaning behind it, how it evolved as time went on is pretty complex stuff. If you don't read the book, I guess the Wiki article would be a good start.

COBL_04 said:

Trabants, Belly Dancer, numbers, champagne, phone calls, Lou Reed, Nazi propaganda film, Watch More TV, Satelitte links, Buffaloes, MacPhisto, explosions scaring Adam, hardware, software and men's wear. That's all you need to know about ZooTV.

COBL_04 said:

Seeing this concert on the telly is what turned me from a normal human being into a U2 obsessive.

Zoo TV beats Slane hands down.

(Bono's got horns, Adam smokes a lot, Larry and Edge grimace throughout, - you can't go wrong)

For me the ZOOTV shows were the best shows anybody ever did, ever!
Slane is probably the worst U2 show I've ever seen, and I've seen quite a few. That's just my opinion. ZOOTV hands down!

J_NP said:
Hey it's not only Axver who's craving for a Lovetown

My petition is only waiting more support to begin

I'm in too :drool: I'm dying for watching a full Lovetown Tour Pro Shot :shocked:

Screwtape2 said:

Trabants, Belly Dancer, numbers, champagne, phone calls, Lou Reed, Nazi propaganda film, Watch More TV, Satelitte links, Buffaloes, MacPhisto, explosions scaring Adam, hardware, software and men's wear. That's all you need to know about ZooTV.

Oh, and lots of random phrases such as:

"We need to put a barrier between us and the snakes"

"It's your world; you can change it"

and

"I'm *))*^ing tired of these 9&^*(&% snakes"

:drool:

Last edited:
J_NP said:
But that's the thing , One was full band , all the band were together playin until the end , and while it's not the lightest song , it certainly has a sense of hope and all ............

Actually, on many Popmart shows One wasn't the closer. It was Wake Up Dead Man (also on the Popmart Mexico City video), or MLK or a brief version of "40". Often, these songs were done by Bono and The Edge, so no Larry and Adam either. I can't say that Wake Up Dead Man is such a happy/hopeful song to end with.

Popmartijn said:

Actually, on many Popmart shows One wasn't the closer. It was Wake Up Dead Man (also on the Popmart Mexico City video), or MLK or a brief version of "40". Often, these songs were done by Bono and The Edge, so no Larry and Adam either. I can't say that Wake Up Dead Man is such a happy/hopeful song to end with.

But Mothers Of The Disappeared was the best closer :wink:

ponkine said:

I'm in too :drool: I'm dying for watching a full Lovetown Tour Pro Shot :shocked:
Me too :love: Also, with modern technology, they could digitally edit the clothes U2 wore during Lovetown so they don't look so bad.

Popmartijn said:

I know Mate , but virtually the last song on Pop Mexico , is One , after all the images of Wake up are not even done with all the cameras , and the credits are all over

I hardly watched that to be honest , to me it was more like a song to fill the credits

And without mention the times it ended with Rain

COBL_04 said:

Spoilers , and Big spoilers ahead of the sydney show :

The ZOOTV 92/93 Show :

From the very beginning until the end in tokyo , it worked like :

1st Part Achtung Electric - MAIN STAGE

Most of Acthung Baby was perfomed , the only big changes in Sydney show comparing the begin in 92 , were the adition of NYD , and Numb , It ends with Arms Around the wolrd , thoug it was cut again

2nd Part The Acoustic - B-STAGE

The band heads for the b-stage , starting with Angel of Harlem , big chance comes with the adition of Stay , where before the release of Zooropa , normally it was played a cover , generally Dancin queen , Then the Acoustic ends with B and E with Satelite of Love

3rd Part The Classics - MAIN STAGE

The band returns for the MS , most of the zoo shows the 1st song played was Bad , or sometimes Sunday or AIWIY , on this One Dirty Day , after this u'll get a sequence of only 80's Stuff , JT and UF stuff , notice how the moment is 80's , Edge won't play any other guitar except his Black/White Strat . Before I Still Haven't or Stand By Me ended , here Pride

4th Part The Encore - MS

Here comes probably the biggest change of the 92 and 93 shows

90% of the Zoo shows encore was :

Desire - U V - Wowy - LI Blindness

The Sydney show as u know it's most with Zooropa stuff

Not only in 92 there was Mirrorball , 93 Macphisto , but also there bbig 'technical changes ' due the songs .

With the old encore edge played 4 guitars on the encore , for each song . With the Sydney encore , U'll be only seeing him play his Custom Les Paul , In terms of perfomance there's also a change in Wowy .

The Old Encore wowy had 2 guitars , Larry playing a similiar classic beat , and an extended ending with solo . The Sydney one , is 1 guitar only , shorter and with the slow beating .

Hope u got an idea ;)

Canadiens1160 said:
Me too :love: Also, with modern technology, they could digitally edit the clothes U2 wore during Lovetown so they don't look so bad.

Hey, don't knock Pirate the Edge! :wink:

I have Slane. I think I've watched it once :uhoh:

Not really a fan of the recent dvd's for some reason.
Maybe I should give them another chance....

Of course my vote is ZOOTV

(But I really want Popmart Mexico :drool: )

Zoo-TV of course! Zoo-TV is one of the big tours in rock history!Elevation was great, but 'just another tour'...

The reason why a lot of U2 fans think Elevation was so great is simply because thát was their first ever U2 concert...

Don't get me wrong; Elevation rules! I have been to several Elevation shows (both 1st row and pit), but Zoo-TV is just pure magic!

edge12_1.jpg

Pirate Edge :rockon:

Hard to say, ZooTV has my favorite songs, favorite performances and favorite show but Slane has 'something', it is my favorite release till this day and I've watched it sure over a 100 times.

The emotion from Slane, Bono's dad just passed away, the home public, the energy from the first 5/6 songs is something that I'll always love.

For me it's comparing apples and peaches, I love both in a different way.

Back
Top Bottom