why wasnt one tree hill included in RAH ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It would kind of slow down the film to be honest.....you have to remember that this thing was playing in theaters, so it wasn't just us hardcore U2 junkies going to see it...it's a great song though, one of the best from JT, but the performance is a bit dull and is probably better left on the cutting room floor.

to be honest...i have to fuckin clue! i've downloaded the video of One Tree Hill off Kazaa, and it looks like R&H material. it's so damn awesome! i agree with BigMacPhisto that the performance was a little dull, and didn't have enough crowd in it, but i'm sure the band could have gotten it down on film if they wanted too

I think the only way it could have been included was if they added sort of an explanation of the meaning behind the song
- it's too emotionally charged to just throw it in there -
and that would probably have taken up too much time and messed with the continuation (or what's left of it :D ) of the movie

When something is not included it is because it was not good enough for the band - it did not make it past the cutting room. Sometimes it was not included because it did not fit a certain theme the band wanted to convey.

Check out the B-sides of both the best of 1980-1990 and 1990-2000, you can obviously see that they are nothing even close in quality to the ones in the Best Of cd's that they accompany.

That's also one reason why I am not too hot on U2 releasing a boxed set of their unreleased material. My view is that if it were trash back in 1987, then it is still trash now and it would be against U2's principles to be selling to the fans work they don't believe in. As for the B-sides, they are not trash - after all they were released. But they will just forever be b-sides and footnotes and nowhere near as good as the actual songs in the album.

For that same reason, One Tree Hill did not quite make the cutting room in the Rattle and Hum vid.

Cheers,

J

Back
Top Bottom