why wasn't Miracle Drug a huge song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First off, we were talking about Walk On and Crums From Your Table. Please read the post you are about to rip me on before you actually hit "submit".

But gee guys I am truly far off base.

A and Asus4 are for sure COMPLETELY different chords! :happy:

Jesus, if you don't think the two aren't the same damn song, you better get your ears cleaned out. :|

Christ, I hate EYKIW.

DaveC said:

A and Asus4 are for sure COMPLETELY different chords! :happy:

They are.

That's why one is called A, and the other is called Asus4.

They sound different.

Very different.

That's why music has all these wonderful chords.

Next time you're playing a song with a A chord, substitute it with an Am.

Let me know how that works for ya.

Last edited:
roy said:

I don't blame you. People who talk shite often feel this way.

First off, roy, you can kiss my ass.

Secondly, MrBrau, try picking up a guitar and learning something about it, cause you clearly don't know your ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to chords.

Considering how long U2 takes between releasing albums, and considering what we know they are capable of, I don't know how any of you can possibly consider the last ten years of U2's career to be anything but lazy attempts at getting as cash as possible. But hey, if you like listening to sell-outs, nothing I'm going to do will change that.

With that, the only thing this thread is doing is pissing me off, so I'm getting the fuck out of here. I hope you all continue to enjoy sucking U2's collective balls. Larry probably hasn't showered in a while, so they likely have an extra vinegary taste for you.

DaveC said:

Secondly, MrBrau, try picking up a guitar and learning something about it, cause you clearly don't know your ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to chords.

Good luck with that musical production career.

DaveC said:

With that, the only thing this thread is doing is pissing me off, so I'm getting the fuck out of here. I hope you all continue to enjoy sucking U2's collective balls. Larry probably hasn't showered in a while, so they likely have an extra vinegary taste for you.

First I had to say something to you in the sports forum, now here? You seriously need to adjust your behavior here. I know that you know better, so you need to control yourself, plain and simple.

Last edited:
I would say the simple answer to the original question is it is because its just an average song...along with the rest of bomb

MrBrau1 said:

It's Zoots. Understand that.

2 guitar solos.

An "Edge" Verse.

Show me the other U2 songs with that.

How do you make the subject of Motherly love not sound sappy and lame?

I hate myself and the world sucks is what the crowd wants.

It's Motherly love. It's sappy and lame.

But U2 do it.

There's a reason Larry and Bono sing the bridge.

Arcade Fire don't touch the subject.

Porcupine Tree? Please.

Radiohead? Only if you hate the mother.

Motherly love cool?

NEVER.

It's not in the "cool" rulebook.

Can anyone name another "Mother" love song?

anyone?

radiohead can be accused of a lot of things, but that's a really lazy dig, even by your standards.

you do have a very good point though regarding it being difficult to make a song about motherly love not sounding sappy and lame. not an easy task.

the same can be said about pretty much any song that wants to endorse joy as its main message. beautiful day is one of only a few that i can think of that doesn't sound lame (far from), and carries a brilliantly optimistic POV.

Zoomerang96 said:
you do have a very good point though regarding it being difficult to make a song about motherly love not sounding sappy and lame. not an easy task.

the same can be said about pretty much any song that wants to endorse joy as its main message. beautiful day is one of only a few that i can think of that doesn't sound lame (far from), and carries a brilliantly optimistic POV.

:up:

I think Beautiful Day is hands down the best U2 song this decade!

Beautiful Day is one of their 5 best songs ever, if not in the Top 10.

Couldn't Mofo be considered a song about motherly love, as well?

Beautiful Day is so great because it's essentially saying, "I've pretty much got nothing left, and you know what? I don't give a shit. What a nice day outside."

Beautiful day is the song that inspired BAD DAY by REM, inspired by ITS THE END OF THE WORLD by REM, inspired by UNTUL THE END OF THE WORLD by U2, inspired by GOD PART II by U2, inspired by GOD by JOHN LENNON, inspired by TUTTI FRUTTI by Little Richard :wink:

LemonMacPhisto said:
Beautiful Day is one of their 5 best songs ever, if not in the Top 10.

Haven't laughed so much in a while –how different tastes really are. Honestly: This tune is a well produced, radio friendly rock stomper, that had its impact on U2's so-called comeback.
But as a tune having to stand the test of time, it is far worse than anything U2 released on POP. The lyrics are flat, the chorus is it too.
But, hey, we have to listen to this tune now every single show, U2 will play in the future, so I might get better used to it one time.
By the way, I did like it when played rough in 2001, especially on the 3rd leg's last gig in Miami. But now it is going to be a staple forever and blocks the spot of much better tunes ...

coolian2 said:
No, it really is one of their best songs ever.

It was amazing on the 5th Vertigo leg, and if they keep it sounding that good there is very little that should be in front of it.

I'm not the world's biggest fan of U2's 00's output but even I think it's one of their best songs ever. Miracle drug though, is shite.

Back
Top Bottom