Why SYCMIOYO will never compare to ONE...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:
I bet when AB came out, people were saying "One is a great song, but it's no WOWY or Bad."

:up:

When I first heard "One", I didn't like it!!

After JT and the darker, even more serious R&H, I wanted a rocking "fun" album from U2. AB was it. Sure, there are tons of serious topics, but I had grown tired of the serious, preacher image.

So when AB came out, I'd skip over "One" because I felt it ruined the rocking mood created with "Zoo Station", "Even Better Than..." and "Until the End of the World".

It took some time before I realized how brilliant this song is - and I think hearing it live was a big part of that reason.

With that in mind, not only do I feel this comparison is a bit silly, but heavily premature.

I think that when all is said and done, in 50 years, One will be U2's most loved and remembered song. More so than even Streets, WOWY etc etc. One will always continue to grow and evolve and become more important. To me it's unfair to compare anything to it. Personaly I think it's the best thing ever written by anyone.

One is a great song. I don't want to piss anyone off, but I don't like it that much. I like SYCMIOYO better.

Back
Top Bottom