Why Sulawesigirl4 is so damn cool!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
This past Saturday was my birthday and after a contest she set up months ago, I received my prize.

ON MY BIRTHDAY!!!

What a coincidence. Anyway I am now addicted to the 1989 New Years show. What a version of One Tree Hill!!! Damn....

Thanks Sula!!!!

Sula rules!!
smile.gif

You beat me to it, quizy. I was going to start a similar topic as i received my prize

TO-DAY!!!

I also got the New Year's show, and it's just incredible. (don't even get me started on the amazing cover pics)
As soon as Streets started out, i just felt like electricity was in that room that night. So intense-the band, Bono's voice so good (WOW, he had a powerful voice back then)...i listened to it 2 through and i can't get it out of my head.

I got chills listening to the songs i never heard live before (God part II, One tree hill, Trip through your wires, Love rescue me, Van Diemen's land).

My fave moments:
"i can do it! i can do anything!" in Streets
"with New Year you thought i'd get all sentimental, yeah?" and the rest of the intro to I still haven't found. Liked his accent a lot.
smile.gif

"still runnning, still running..." at the end of Running to stand still
the "take a chance!" ending of Bad
Edge's solo in One tree hill
People get ready (again, i never heard this one before - an adorable song)
Bono mentions YUGOSLAVIA during Bullet the blue sky (proud to hear it, i was)
These are just from the top off my head, there's probably more i can't think of right now.

I only wish there was some better, more appropriate way to repay to Sula. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving me magic, Sula.

Happy birthday Quizy and what a great coincidence you got the CD on the date of your birthday!

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 04-02-2002).]

gah. Now I'm blushing. lol.

Well, to both ouizy and U2girl...you know how badly I feel that it took so damn long to get my hands on a better copy of that boot and get it recorded and sent, etc. But I hope upon listening to it, you find it was worth the wait.
smile.gif

Happy Birthday, ouizy!

And U2girl, I'm glad it got there so fast. I wasn't sure how long mail would take to get to Slovenia.
biggrin.gif
Glad you liked the cover art I picked. Thanks spanisheyes for printing it off for me and mailing it across the country so I could include it.
smile.gif

And ummm, Merry Christmas! (seeing as that was the original intent
wink.gif
)

-sula

I thanked Sula so many times for the tape she made me, but now it's time to thank her publicly!
So, Sula, thank you from the bottom of my heart!
It's actually quite a coincidence - you see, I got the tape in January, in time for my birthday! That was sooo great, I couldn't believe it!
Oh, and Sula, I really loved the little surprises you put in the video!
smile.gif

So just to let you all know - Sula is the best!
biggrin.gif

((sulawesi)) the girl... and the island.

smile.gif
ouizy. Nice birthday surprise. Made it a more beautiful day.

Everyone loves Bethany! Myself included. Hell, it's her fault I now have an ELF FETISH!
wink.gif
It's also her fault I'm so addicted to interference....ok....so it's not...but she does provide fun and interesting thoughts....so Hoooooooooray for my favorite individual from Sulawesi!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Just tell 'em what they wanna hear & nobody will complain."

Is there room for me on this bandwagon? Sula, I got my prize over the weekend and it hasn't left my car stereo since! It's been a long time since I listened to any U2 from that era and it's just awesome.

Grazie!!!!!!!!!

sula rocks!

but has yet to respond to my long-awaited, much anticipated email
smile.gif

------------------
pssst: gravity pushes.

Bethany is great, an amazing fan and a good friend. The Boston 4 bootleg she sent me, as my prize in that contest, has become one of my faves.

And happy belated birthday ouizy
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by follower (edited 04-02-2002).]

Sula is damn cool because she not only gives her music collection freely, but also gives of herself: her time, her support, her concern.

(She knows what I'm talking about.)

Many thanks, Sula!

Kyra

Back
Top Bottom