Why not a Petition for LoveTown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J_NP

New Yorker
Ok Folks inspired by this last petition for Milan , specially the fact it's going to be released (Please Don't start the discussion here wheter will be or not released) , there's this thought , why not a petition for something that really deserved , I mean something that had no early plans in happening , could be a BOX set , but something more specific : LoveTown . There isn't any official release of it , sure now one concert is digitally released on the Itunes thing .... but it's part of that collection ...... Of all the big , most famous tours , it's the only with no release , even JT didn't have a full concert released , but there was the RH movie ..... And based on fact that there are several LT shows which were professionally filmed with all the glory of cameras and all ....... Now Imagine what would be a LT show , specially for the kids who have no idea what was this tour , who think U2's biggest live point was ZOOTV or something like :

-A raw perfomance of Desire with Extended Solos
-The best versions of One Tree Hill ever with such solos .... just check the Point Depot Solos
-For all disappointed with U2's cover of Watchtower , just listen what was like on the tour
-Fantastic perfomances of God Part II live with big solo
-U2 playing with BB a full perfomance of When Love comes Town live
-Angel of Harlem performed as classic version , with full back band
-Without mention a unique live video version of all those hits on the 80's , NYD , TUF , 40 , I Still Haven't Found ......

It's a huge shame this tour doesn't have any official release yet , so What you say , any chance of a DVD coming out of a Petition , or at least being remembered for a possible BOX in the future

dont forget the great versions of With Or without You and Streets! even Pride was great during that tour! i would love to see a pro shot concert! maybe the Madison Square Garden one that was featured on the R+H movie, cos SBS and Pride were awesome on that, would love to see the rest of that concert!11111

Is there a complete pro-shot show from this tour? Either way this is definitely the one tour I wished I could have seen. U2, one last time before they tore off the old clothes and put on the new ones.

The sydney shows were filmed , gotta remember the songs from the LT documentary were from these shows , and also I may be wrong but the 31th december , the NY's eve was filmed and broadcasted .....

J_NP said:

-A raw perfomance of Desire with Extended Solos
-The best versions of One Tree Hill ever with such solos .... just check the Point Depot Solos
-For all disappointed with U2's cover of Watchtower , just listen what was like on the tour
-Fantastic perfomances of God Part II live with big solo
-U2 playing with BB a full perfomance of When Love comes Town live
-Angel of Harlem performed as classic version , with full back band
-Without mention a unique live video version of all those hits on the 80's , NYD , TUF , 40 , I Still Haven't Found ......

This is a great idea even though it will never work. I'd love to see this stuff on video. The only time I can see Lovetown stuff is in the God Part 2 video and the occasional video on Youtube. But you are so right about Watchtower and Angel. You didn't mention which show it would be, so my suggestion would be New Year's Eve at Point Depot. I know it was filmed; at least I'm pretty sure. The version of "40" was stunning.

IT DOES exist New Year's Concert 31-12-1989 in full Pro Shot :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

It was broadcasted live for Europe that night and I remember a Spanish friend who told me he taped the whole concert on VHS at that time :heart:

I DO agree with you my friends, I'm rather sick of 00s DVD's.

It's time to make justice to the 80s and 90s. Zoo TV Sidney will be the first step... next must be a Lovetown Concert as Dublin 1989, then a full Joshua Tree Concert as Tempe 19-12-1987 (from songs as Bullet The Blue Sky and Running To Stand Still were filmed for Rattle & Hum movie :drool: ), then Dortmund 1984 complete (including A Sort Of Homecoming and Unforgettable Fire), etc, etc :rockon:

U2 have AT LEAST one full gig (NON TV performances) filmed on Pro Shot for each Tour (let's see just the 80s).

Boy Tour:

Belfast 1981, The Hague 1981, San Francisco 1981, New York 1981

October Tour:

Berlin 1981, New York 1981, Hattem 1982, Rockslide 1982, Wetcher 1982

War Tour:

Devore 1983, Red Rocks 1983, Loreley 1983

UF Tour:

Dortmund 1984

Amnesty International Tour:

Almost all gigs performed in June 1986

Joshua Tree Tour:

Tempe 1987, Detroit 1987, Paris 1987, Dublin 1987, Syracuse 1987, Los Angeles 1987, Tempe 1987 (3rd leg)

Lovetown Tour:

Sydney 1989, Dublin 1989

WADE AWAKE :(

If interference starts a petition for Dublin 1989 (because a petition from a well known and wide site has more importance than one from a fan alone) I'll be the second in the list ... next to Axver :wink:

^ Nobody here said that is sick of 00's DVDs :huh: I think you must be the only one. Possible future plans:

September 2006- Sydney DVD, the book
November, December 2006 or summer 2007 at the farthest - Milan DVD
September 2007 - new single!!!, Red Rocks DVD (this one is unfortunately more possible than Mexico)
November 2007 - new album!!!
September 2008 - Mexico DVD
November 2008 - new tour DVD

Only after I believe we can hope for Lovetown, October, UF or any other 80's show... Dream Out Loud though!

Ponkine, what a great list! I have a feeling Bono is trying to bury all record of his 1980's mullet. :wink:

The Unforgettable Fire Tour on DVD :drool: :drool: :drool:

Of all the things you've listed, I would most like to see an Amnesty DVD set of the show that was broadcast on MTV. Not only for U2 but to also see The Police's last concert performance.
That DVD would be worth a hundred of these :drool: :drool: :drool:

Leixlip 1980 :drool:

Another Day
11 O'Clock Tick Tock
Shadows And Tall Trees
A Day Without Me
Twilight

ponkine said:
IT DOES exist New Year's Concert 31-12-1989 in full Pro Shot :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

It was broadcasted live for Europe that night and I remember a Spanish friend who told me he taped the whole concert on VHS at that time :heart:

Your friend is mistaken. The New Years show was only broadcast on the radio in full. Streets and part of I Will Follow were broadcast on TV at a later date but that is it. The whole show was filmed though, but only two songs have ever been aired or broadcast on TV.

If I thought online petitions served any purpose at all I would say Lovetown would be the tour I would pick. My pick, as I have said before, would be the November 18, 1989 Sydney show. One of U2's best performances ever and it was filmed completely with full video production (the footage on the Lovetown Documentary is from this show).

Screwtape2 said:
Ponkine, what a great list! I have a feeling Bono is trying to bury all record of his 1980's mullet. :wink:

The Unforgettable Fire Tour on DVD :drool: :drool: :drool:

Of all the things you've listed, I would most like to see an Amnesty DVD set of the show that was broadcast on MTV. Not only for U2 but to also see The Police's last concert performance.
That DVD would be worth a hundred of these :drool: :drool: :drool:

Why though? You can get both of those in top notch form on bootleg easily.

If they were to release something, I would pick something that has never aired in full or at all on TV. If its been on TV, most of the time there is a very high quality bootleg DVD of it anyway. :shrug:

ponkine said:

I DO agree with you my friends, I'm rather sick of 00s DVD's.

Ok Buddy great your enthusiam and all , for the idea and all ..... But I'm not kinda sick of the 00 DVD's or nothing like ..... Hell any U2 dvd out , I'm always buyin them one week after .....

But the really great thing of a LT tour , is not putting down all the others 80s tours , but you gotta see for all the reasons , LT was the best , they had all the colection of 80's songs to play ..... songs from the JT tour improved , hell just look at One Tree Hill :drool: With all that Party Spirit .

And kids let's also not forget it was The tour Edge was most loose , the solos he was taking .... :drool:

I would sign that petition, no problem!!
The versions of God Part 2, Desire with the, "so you wanna be in a rock n roll band..." part, Watchtower and the glorious Hawkmoon 269 :drool:
I think the best would be the famous, new years gig at the point depot, which was DEFINATELY NOT!!!!!!!!!!! broadcast on tv, only radio, but with the lovetown documentary as a bonus feature!!
Going back to Hawkmoon 269, for me that was one of the best U2 live moment for me in history, almost as great as Bad at live aid and bad on wide awake in america.

Richard Lowenstein directed the filming of the 2 Sydney shows. There was a rumour that he was selling the shows for 5 grand. I would love for these video's to leak out simply because it is the best live U2 footage in existance. Most fans have no idea how awesome the band was during the Lovetown tour. Just look at the Sydney channel 10 pitcam footage, Desire when Bono invites the camera man on stage is really really cool.

OpperGoeroe said:
Why not a petition to stop all this petitions? It doesn't make sense at all.

What doesn't make any sense is the band's attitude: Why on earth they hide the 80s footage? I simply can't stand that. Their golden decade and they don't give a s*** about that

Back
Top Bottom