Why no VMA's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
missy elliot is a cool chick though.

also why must the black eyed peas stand up at all times. i would hate to be behind them. it would be annoying as hell, because there is no reason for anyone to be standing, when nominees are being announced..... and they're not one fo them.

also if Kanye wins another award for Jesus Walks and doesn't thank Jesus i'm going to punch myself in the face.

Yeah, I noticed that.

Speed of Sound?

I know I'll killed for saying this, but it's so obvious Chris Martin is trying to be Bono.

The last couple of times I've caught Coldplay performing on TV, they've been less than stellar, to say the least, but the actual shows I've seen or heard have been pretty great. It must be something about the cameras that freaks them out or something :huh:

Val said:
ok, I'm sorry, but I didn't think Coldplay were so great!

Ditto. I enjoy their music most of the time (though I truly disagree with passing on the "biggest band in the world" moniker to them..), but they were really off tonight. It was like Chris was in the key of the album--most of the time--but the rest of the band was flat.

Some bands are just better live. Live is where it counts, don't you think?

they weren't so good, and him going into the crowd was very Bono, that's exactly what i said to my roommate, i was like is he channeling Bono again?

oh well it was a nice break from the rest of the crap they've had on here.

shame they didn't play fix you. it's easily one of the best songs of all time.

And as for Chris trying to be Bono, well, there are worse people he could emulate. I think he'll be ok as long as he doesn't go all Scott Stapp on us.

ramblin rose said:
I know I'll killed for saying this, but it's so obvious Chris Martin is trying to be Bono.

Rose, I'll get your back! :wink: All the holding-the-microphone-straight-above-my-head-as-I-look-up-to-the-sky and the long drawn out "oh!"s at the end of verses....very Elevation at Slane-esque..
But I'd probably do the same thing myself!

U2dork said:
What song are coldplay doing?

they seriously did Speed of Sound?
That is SO weak!!

and I actually love Coldplay and saw them play last week in Mountain View (I thought they were very good!)

that is retarded though.

That's like if U2 had played Staring at the Sun instead of Please back in the day...

btw, the best VMA performance of all time: Please

Last edited:
If Ashley Simpsons wins I'm turning this off.

Wow, Kelly Clarkson has beat Gwen Stefani twice tonight And they keep panning the camera to poor Gwen.

"Last of the Rock Stars."

That's what we're seeing. Apparently, music culture is dominated by hip-hop...guess I'm just not in the loop!

Looks like the only people boppin' are the people in the first few rows of floor. Everyone else is asleep!

Okay, I love Coldplay but there was something seriously wrong with that performance - were the musicians off or was Chris' singing off-key? I hope someone with a better musical ear than myself can enlighten me because I cringed throughout the entire song.

Back
Top Bottom