Why is UF 1984 Dortmund show cut?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

packcrush

The Fly
I'm sure this is in the wrong forum; but i can't think of another one to put it in; so please move this if I'm wrong.

I love the recording of U2 in Dortmund in 1984 from German tv; its easy enough to get off ebay and the like. But the thing that irritates me is that its lacking some songs; most annoyingly "A Sort of Homecoming" and "The Unforgettable Fire"; and seeing as UF is my favourite album; the fact that these important songs were not broadcast is annoying. So my question is; why have these not surfaced? And why did German TV see fit to remove them?

Were they played? [enter Axver...:wink: ] I don't know much about the show live, as I was only a few years old, but the DVD is AMAZING!:drool: Bono's performance of Bad is quite possibly my favorite ever--he just goes berserk during it!

Setlist: 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
I Will Follow
Sunday Bloody Sunday
The Cry
The Electric Co.
A Sort Of Homecoming
MLK
The Unforgettable Fire
Bad
October
New Year's Day
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Gloria

Suposedly that's the set list

I guess 11 O Clock Tick Tock, A Sort of Homecoming and UF were never broadcast so they've never been seen, unless of course you were there when it was originally taped.

I think those songs weren't broadcast simply to fit into the time constraints of the show being broadcast on TV.

I am surprised they haven't surfaced in some way, though. I think there's full audio.

Back
Top Bottom