Why is M$D is included but Passengers is not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr_Phes

The Fly
1st check out the list of U2 Albums on the Offical U2 website.
http://www.u2.com/albums/albums.html

Million Dollar Hotel is here, but Passengers is not.

Passengers wasn't a U2 project (even though "Your Blue Room" ended up as a B Side to a U2 single, and Bono was allegedly quoted to say he'd chose "Miss Sarejavo" for the next U2 Best Of album) but was M$D?

It has three U2 songs on it and the official website describes it as "U2 and collaborators" - wasn't that what Passengers was?

So why does The Million Dollar Hotel Sound track get a place as a U2 album and not Passengers?

Passengers is more of a U2 album than the MDH soundtrack as far as I am concerned. However Passengers is listed as an ablum on u2.com's timeline. they're inconsistent there, which is understandable i suppose.

but 'U2' is never on passengers. the members of U2 are but not U2. they do have three tracks, a fairly significant proportion of the disc, on m$h.

------------------
Kobayashi's bizarre use of colour, superfast editing and extreme camera angles, coupled with a hilariously deadpan performance by Toshiro Takemitsu as the inspector who discovers a whole family of ghosts travelling without valid tickets, remains without peer.

Originally posted by kobayashi:
but 'U2' is never on passengers. the members of U2 are but not U2. they do have three tracks, a fairly significant proportion of the disc, on m$h.

It makes sense if U2 is never on Passengers.
But what gets me confused is "Your Blue Room" ends up as a B Side on the "Staring at the Sun" single. And that supposed quote where Bono said he'd put "Miss Sarejavo" on the next Best Of album. But how can any of this be if they're technically not U2 songs?
They don't seem very consistent.

Back
Top Bottom