Why is Bono so cool?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its the confidence he has when walking out on stage at the start of a show. He knows he cool wearing the sunglasses, laying down on stage, rocking out to sold out venues everynight, selling over 120 million albums worldwide, singing down the streets in nyc on a flatbed truck. He carries himself like he is 6'8''. Bono and cool are synonyms. thats way "bono". all while still being humble in his personal life.

Bono is so cool because we've made him that way and he ran with it! And, as somebody already said, those damn leather britches..yum yum licky my lips. Is it just me, or did he really start getting his ultra-cool persona during Zoo and Pop? Maybe overcompensating for albums he knew might not be their best? In all fairness, The Edge is cool as well, just in a more subdued way. Like he's hiding something up there in that beanie! What's in the beanie, Edge??

riverfari, lick lick

"A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle"

The reason Bono is so cool is the same reason that Mick Jagger looks amazing prancing his bony self all over the stage...some sort of trippy rock star magic. Charisma and passion.

Charisma and appeal isn't something learned, it is something that you just have and one thing is for sure he has it in spades. Yes he does wear sunglasses alot but if you ever notice when he sings With or Without. . . whether it is from the Rattle and Hum, Elevation or Slaine Castle dvd, all of that charisma and appeal can be seen in his eyes. He has the most mesmerising eyes I have ever seen. You can tell he is feeling every word and note in his heart, just like the first time he ever sang it. You cant say that about very many singers.

Besides that he doesn't take himself seriously but he does take his family and beliefs VERY SERIOUSLY.

Bono is so cool because he is completely honest with himself and always open to the world around him.

Bono has always chosen to reveal and nor to conceal himself thus choosing to face his "failings" in life with the resolve to change for the better - which he has done. :yes:

Bono is a man at peace with himself and thus, he has been able to be open with others. He doesn't judge, just accepts others as they are. He chooses to forgive when he could condemn.

And that makes him cool.

Bono is so cool because God put inside him a Heart of Gold which shines brightly in the world and is ever expansive. :wink:

And to all of this, Bono's natural personality, inate charisma, wonderful lyrics and very good looks help to round out a man who is truly the epitome of cool (he prefers to think of himself as hot - I agree, Bono).

In sum, Bono is so cool because he does not think he is cool. He is so cool because he has chosen to remain so down to earth with himself and others. :angel:

Thank you for this thread.

And THANK YOU, BONO, FOR SHARING YOUR MAGNIFICENT LIFE WITH ALL OF US....:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Back
Top Bottom