Why haven't U2 performed The First Time live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
foray, that is a great question. It's one of my all-time fav U2 songs and it is just laden with emotion. Could be very moving live if done in the right context ala RTSS.

Oh, right. I think if I were in the audience if The First Time was played, I'd die... I'm listening to it now, in fact. I think the piano is genius...

I know they played a portion of it during "Bad" on the Zooropa Tour, but by itself would be wonderful. They should have done it this tour during their acoustic set. Oh well.

------------------
"You gotta put the women and children first, but you've got an unquenchable thirst for New York..."

ATTENTION FORAY!!!!!!!

a year ago before i left a dozen of my cds on an airplane when i quickly exited its flaming wrath (ok, that part didnt happen, im just stupid for leaving them behind) i left my cds behind.

on their i had the first time at the end of bad. it was a brilliant boot. you can find it ANYWHERE. just look for Bad from Dublin of 93 during the second show. that show was broadcast all over europe, so PILES of breat bootlegs are available for you to download this anywhere. it shouldnt be hard.

------------------
-death bear

Originally posted by foray:
But it's such a great song, the build up would be great for a live performance, the piano rawks!

:/

foray

Because it would be a terrible choice for a rock concert. Maybe for a piano concerto.

but for the first time... do you feel... LOOOOVVEEEE

boom boom wham..

i love that part of the zoo europa boot, one of my fav u2 live moments actually

i love that song, they should perform it.

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"Rock 'n' roll is a term that's been heavily abused. It's not
something you can buy in a record shop. It's an attitude." -Adam

"And I wear grey underwear." -Bono

Everyday can be a beautiful day. Don't let it get away.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

It?s cold outside, but brightly lit...

they played it at the end of bad 8/28/93 at rds in ireland. there are boots all over for this show. it was awesome: "for the first time, i feel...BAM bullet the blue sky, LOVE!!! LOVE" you can also hear bono singing love on the bullet the blue sky on the stay single the live format. as he opens the song, he is finishing the first time. same show.

I found the Zoo Europa boot on ebay going for $20.00, which strikes me as a bit steep. Since I'm not part of that taper culture deal, can anyone suggest where to find this for any cheaper? Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Actually, FIRST TIME was played live once. Before it had even been recorded. Bono performed it on Mexican Radio with just an acoustic guitar. It sounds almost Prince like, and the lyrics are somewhat different. I actually like that rough version better than the one recorded on Zooropa!

So yes, THE FIRST TIME, was played live.

Originally posted by speedracer:
Because it would be a terrible choice for a rock concert. Maybe for a piano concerto.

Bah humbug. If Stuck In A Moment is good enough for a rock concert, then anything goes... Anyway, it's a song, you can play it any way you see fit, with or without piano.

------------------
"I may go crazy
before that mansion on the hill
but my heart keeps beating faster
and my feet can't keep still..."

Back
Top Bottom