Why have they NOT recorded this song??? Simply breathtaking....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michael Griffiths

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I hadn't heard this in a long while, and just found it on youtube... Once the song takes off, it becomes a pure classic. Imagine if they actually recorded this and put it on their next album? The next great U2 song is born. Is it a cover or is it completely original? The melody just sounds too good to be true, if you know what I mean...but I would love to know.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=C7yGhYBl9gk

I know someone else who thinks this is a great song. He's a bit shy, but here's his picture:

slowloris.jpg

I don't think it's a cover; it's one of 2 unrecorded/unknown songs that were soundchecked on 25-4-87, the other is titled Move Out in the copy I have.

wow i like this, thanks :)

would they even remember this song exists though? I think if they recorded it now and even worked on a few parts it could be epic

wait, I just read this:

" 'Baby Love' is a 1964 number-one hit recorded by The Supremes for the Motown label. Written and produced by Motown's main production team Holland-Dozier-Holland, "Baby Love," one of the most popular songs of the late 20th century, was the Supremes' most successful single."

:hmm:

Last edited:
This is the one that gets discussed as "My Time Has (Hasn't?) Come" and I agree, a song I wish they'd done a bit more with.

Hmm, I dont think its all that great to be honest and never really have.

I looked at some of the other soundcheck links on there. Interesting that someone is trying to pass off a video of the Detroit "concert" of Crumbs like its from soundcheck. They even added the timing bar to make it look legit. :lol: Its without a doubt the show and is obviously a camcorder shot of the screen over the stage of Bono. I love the internet! :)

Ohhh my god Bono's vocal at 2:24 is simply amazing....he hits a beautiful note, even better than his vocal from the other San Fransisco bootleg at 31:20. Does anyone can post more clips of Bono singing that note to complete my collections?

That vocal is so amazing I will call it Bono's "yogurt voice". Does anyone have more yogurt voice examples for my collection?

CTU2fan said:
This is the one that gets discussed as "My Time Has (Hasn't?) Come" and I agree, a song I wish they'd done a bit more with.

Yeah, it's My Time Hasn't Come. I think it had a stack of potential.

Wow, interesting. I hadn't heard that before. Hearing it, though, makes me a bit angry. Why would they not record a song this brilliant? It's so rich in mood.

They overplay it though. Like Original of the Species, it should be stripped down. Remove the percussion and bass, take the guitar way down in the mix until the strings come in. Then let it soar in the clouds.

God, I wish they'd listen to me. :) This reminds me...U2 is among the greatest bands in the world. But they're nowhere near as great as they should be.

I think it's one that they didn't record because it's from an era when they had dozens of great b-sides and covers....it probably got lost in the shuffle. I agree, it's good stuff. The music fits best in their JT-RH era, but could probably be tweaked to fit now. The thing I like best about it is the potential of a line like "My time hasn't come." :yes:

I don't think they're into going back to 1987 b-sides/unfinished stuff. They're after a new sound and producing new material. Lyrics to Wave of Sorryw are the big, big exception.

I had never heard this before and all I can say is "WOW". I used to love listening to Sweet Baby Jane and Heaven and Hell all the time I get the same vibe from this one

Back
Top Bottom