Why does Deluxe Best of 1990-2000 have 3 Discs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theSoulfulMofo

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Anyone can clue me in?

Is the third Disc a DVD... or additional 3rd track listing we don't know about?

Isn't it some sort of DVD? I thought (and I'm only going off a fuzzy memory here) it had something to do w/ a U2 megamix of the 90's or something. I'm not sure...any help?

I am curious as to what is on the "third" disc of the deluxe limited edition. As I understand it, the limited edition will have 2 disc. The first being the Best Of and the second being the b-sides and remixes. As to what this third disc is, I am unsure. A DVD was mentioned, but for some reason I don't think that is the case, although I could be wrong. I remember reading that the DVD was to be released at a later time closer to Christmas, in December. Whether or not that was true or not is obviously yet to be seen. It just seems to make sense that the DVD would not be included with the CD version for marketing reasons since this "deluxe limited" version is only going for the price of a standard double album. I am hoping for more Best Of songs, more b-sides, or live tracks on this third disc, but we shall see in 4 weeks.

According to HMV.com
Get in quick for this amazing, strictly limited edition package. This edition will come in three parts. 1) The FIRST CD features all of the bands greatest hits from the 1990's taking in the albums Achtung Baby, Zooropa, Pop and All That You Can't Leave Behind + various soundtrack contributions - and the new single 'Electrical Storm'.

2) The SECOND CD feature b-sides and rarities from this period.

3) The THIRD element is DVD disc which will feature a 20 minute 'History Mix'. This 'History Mix' is a collage of snippets from the bands videos from 1980 through to the present day.

Last edited:
Does anybody know if this three disc set will be sold at stores like Best Buy? Or is it something I should order? I just hate mail ordering an album like this, because I want to get it the day it comes out! Not to mention shipping and handling costs...

Mirrorball Girl said:
Does anybody know if this three disc set will be sold at stores like Best Buy? Or is it something I should order? I just hate mail ordering an album like this, because I want to get it the day it comes out! Not to mention shipping and handling costs...

I just ordered mine from HMV in Australia. They will send it out on their Nov 4th (my Nov 3rd). I'm expecting to get it just a couple of days after the Nov 5 release date. I ordered the 3 disc set and also one of the Electrical Storm CDs and with shipping, the Us total was $27. Amazon wanted $25 for the 3 disc set and $12 for the ES single.

U2Lynne said:

I just ordered mine from HMV in Australia. They will send it out on their Nov 4th (my Nov 3rd). I'm expecting to get it just a couple of days after the Nov 5 release date.

That's a good idea :up: I will have to follow suit. Did you notice that HMV still lists The Fly as being on the collection?

U2Lynne said:

I just ordered mine from HMV in Australia. They will send it out on their Nov 4th (my Nov 3rd). I'm expecting to get it just a couple of days after the Nov 5 release date. I ordered the 3 disc set and also one of the Electrical Storm CDs and with shipping, the Us total was $27. Amazon wanted $25 for the 3 disc set and $12 for the ES single.

Lynne, I wanted to tell you that the DVD that comes with the Best of set may not play on your DVD. If you are from the US or Canada then your DVD is Region 1. Australia's DVD region is 4 . Is there a way for you to cancel that item from your order? I'm planning on buying the Es single CD's from HMV in Australia like you said since it is indeed much cheaper. In US dollars Electrical storm cd1 comes out to $5.07 and cd2 $3.03.

Amazon.com now lists U2 - The Best Of 1990-2000 (Deluxe Limited Edition) (3-disc set) for $19.99. Not a bad deal at all, and I think I'll put in a preorder.

Lise said:

Lynne, I wanted to tell you that the DVD that comes with the Best of set may not play on your DVD. If you are from the US or Canada then your DVD is Region 1. Australia's DVD region is 4 . Is there a way for you to cancel that item from your order? I'm planning on buying the Es single CD's from HMV in Australia like you said since it is indeed much cheaper. In US dollars Electrical storm cd1 comes out to $5.07 and cd2 $3.03.

I thought about that. However, my first thought was that they use they regions for movies that are being released in certain parts of the country at certain times and I figured this was a DVD that was being released for everyone at the same time so it would be available for all regions.

((Also, there are lots of region code hacks for DVD players and I just may be able to view it anyway))

U2Lynne said:
According to HMV.com
3) The THIRD element is DVD disc which will feature a 20 minute 'History Mix'. This 'History Mix' is a collage of snippets from the bands videos from 1980 through to the present day.

20 minutes? Seeing as how you can fit a whole lot more on a DVD, perhaps that's just the "highlight" and it also has full videos of the songs on the first CD. :confused:

Tip Top Prince said:

20 minutes? Seeing as how you can fit a whole lot more on a DVD, perhaps that's just the "highlight" and it also has full videos of the songs on the first CD. :confused:

No, those videos will come on a separate DVD released at the beginning of December. The DVD that's coming with the ltd. edition is just a teaser for the full DVD. It is a bonus item, probably also to discourage illegal burning and downloading and promoting the sale of the ltd. edition.

I don't care, we've got 3 CD's (or to be more technically correct: 2 audio CD's and 1 DVD) with U2 material. Woohoo!

Marty

Back
Top Bottom