Why does Bono wear his wedding ring on his pinky?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey02

Acrobat
Bono has been changing his wedding band and he's been changing the fingers he wears it on. Why is he doing this??? Is this an Irish thing? Or am I missing something?? When he first got married (the first few years or so) he was wearing a gold band on his ring finger. Over the last 10 years I'd say, he's changed the ring to some big looking thing and he's put it on his pinky. Newlywed The Edge is wearing a gold band on his ring finger. I don't get it. Now I'm just rambling. Anybody know anything about it????

(I'm 17 BTW)

Last edited:
this thread will be moved soon...

because his fingers keep getting bigger?

gabrielvox said:
I would suggest this belongs in PLEBA, where not only will you get informed responses, but people will most likely post about a billion pics to back it up...

:D

:wave: PLEBA!

:hug:

Thanks! I'm pretty new to this. I don't know every little thing about it. But thanks for the info!!!

:wave:

Actually, since it's not a drooling-type subject, I'm going to move this to EYKIW. If the EYKIW mods aren't grooving on it, they can ship it to PLEBA. :)

I thought the ring he wore on his pinky was the ring Larry gave him, and he doesn't wear his wedding ring...

though I could be wrong.

I don't think it's a wedding ring either, but Bono doesn't really need to wear a wedding ring since everyone in the world knows he's married. As far as I have seen Edge didn't wear a ring during his first marriage.

Ali doesn't appear to wear hers anymore either, last time I saw her wear it was in a pic from shortly before she gave birth to Eli. Hey, they know they're married to each other, so...<g>

Verrrrrry interesting. :eyebrow:

The truth is that he took off his real wedding ring shortly after writing WGRYWH as a tribute to the girl the song is written for. He hasn't put it back on since.

Ali doesn't wear hers because she's having a secret affair with Adam.

:sexywink:

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
Verrrrrry interesting. :eyebrow:

The truth is that he took off his real wedding ring shortly after writing WGRYWH as a tribute to the girl the song is written for. He hasn't put it back on since.

Ali doesn't wear hers because she's having a secret affair with Adam.

WGRYWH??? what song is that?? I probably know it, I just forgot it.

:huh:

FallingStar said:
Ui, new to me that he took off the ring because of that girl.

T'was a joke love. I was being sarcastic (hence the sexywink). Sorry if I confused you.

Truth is, I actually have no idea why he isn't wearing the ring. No clue. If I ever meet Bono, I will be sure to ask him right after I ask: "What the heck did you say in 'elevation' between the first and second verses? 'Take it out and stick it in a pot?' "

The_Sweetest_Thing said:

T'was a joke love. I was being sarcastic (hence the sexywink). Sorry if I confused you.

Truth is, I actually have no idea why he isn't wearing the ring. No clue. If I ever meet Bono, I will be sure to ask him right after I ask: "What the heck did you say in 'elevation' between the first and second verses? 'Take it out and stick it in a pot?' "

LMAO!!! I think it sounds like "Take it off, your gettin hot''.

:tongue:

sounded like "pick me up spin me round" only he didn't really pronounce the 'd' completely

:shrug: i almost laughed and woke up my roommate...

Back
Top Bottom