Why do U2 wait so long to go on tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It would be cool if they went out on tour just for the sake of it - no new album to promote. Then we'd get some very interesting setlists

nobody reads this

starvinmarvin said:
It would be cool if they went out on tour just for the sake of it - no new album to promote. Then we'd get some very interesting setlists

and the tour would be called...

"U2, The Next Rolling Stones Tour 2007-08"

:wink:

PS: I'm al psyched out, the Stones are coming here in February... 99% confirmed... I'm already saving money for a GOOD spot

starvinmarvin said:

agreed

possibly better setlists ¬¬

Because the Elevation Tour ended in Dec of 2001 and then they prepaired the second Best of in 2002 then they took 2003 and 2004 to record the last album.

starvinmarvin said:

But then everyone would complain that it takes even longer for them to release albums. And that the shows are just greatest hits shows.

:shrug:

Where U2 are now in touring time means they are very successful. This is the pattern:

On the way up: Must tour every year or be constantly on the road to keep yourself in the public's mind

*Success: Everyone knows your history and what you've done, so you can take more time between records to make your album and enjoy your money. Besides, you are older and less angry now, you have less to say.

Old and bored: Tour every year because they can't think of anything else to do since they've done it all their lives, have enjoyed their money, and are maybe sick of their wives.

End Game: Must tour every year, even Peanut Festivals, to get money.

*U2

Re: nobody reads this

pepokiss said:

and the tour would be called...

"U2, The Next Rolling Stones Tour 2007-08"

:wink:

PS: I'm al psyched out, the Stones are coming here in February... 99% confirmed... I'm already saving money for a GOOD spot

Better save LOTS of it! If you think U2's expensive...

Dulce de Leche said:
and they cannot tour all the time.....they need to have normal lives at home with family sometimes! :wink:

No they are not allowed to! They must entertain me at all times :wink:

Back
Top Bottom