Why do U2 suck at making videos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dalton

Blue Crack Addict
Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Besides Streets, I can't think of one video off hand that I think is very good.

It seems odd to me that they are by far the coolest band of the video era that just hasn't seemed to master the format.

Things that make you go mmmmmm

Why do your threads tend to always deal with the negative? Is there something you like about U2 that you post about? :eyebrow:

Since when did U2 suck at making videos? Most of them are pretty damn good (we'll just overlook the US Stuck video).

Blue Room said:
Why do your threads tend to always deal with the negative? Is there something you like about U2 that you post about? :eyebrow:

lol

you have got to be kidding. get your panties out of a knot sister.

I have been a fan for a long, long time and love every era of the journey.

I don't think U2 are very good at videos - who cares? They are the best band of our life time, they have the best songs, the best albums and even the best photographs. I just think it is strange that they have not found a groove for film yet.

Axver said:
Since when did U2 suck at making videos? Most of them are pretty damn good (we'll just overlook the US Stuck video).

Which ones do you think are pretty good?

I would say the Streets video is their best and I think one of the One:wink: videos is pretty good.

What else HMKMKMTM?

I like the following vids very much:
The Unforgettable Fire
Even Better than the Real Thing
One (all three)
Mysterious Ways
The Fly
Lemon
Numb
Stay
Please
Discotheque
Staring at the Sun (original)
Sweetest Thing
Beautiful Day

I think their 90s videos, for the most part, are vastly superior to the 80s or 00s. And vastly superior to many other videos for that matter.

UnforgettableLemon said:
I like the following vids very much:
The Unforgettable Fire
Even Better than the Real Thing
One (all three)
Mysterious Ways
The Fly
Lemon
Numb
Stay
Please
Discotheque
Staring at the Sun (original)
Sweetest Thing
Beautiful Day

I think their 90s videos, for the most part, are vastly superior to the 80s or 00s. And vastly superior to many other videos for that matter.

Come on the Mullet videos were great.:huh:

Dalton said:

lol

you have got to be kidding. get your panties out of a knot sister.

I have been a fan for a long, long time and love every era of the journey.

I don't think U2 are very good at videos - who cares? They are the best band of our life time, they have the best songs, the best albums and even the best photographs. I just think it is strange that they have not found a groove for film yet.

#1, I'm not your sister. #2 I'm a guy. #3 I'm merely pointing out the fact that you look at every single thread you started that shows up on this page is negative. I was merely asking why? So dont get your panties in a knot!!

Blue Room said:

#1, I'm not your sister. #2 I'm a guy. #3 I'm merely pointing out the fact that you look at every single thread you started that shows up on this page is negative. I was merely asking why? So dont get your panties in a knot!!

#1 yes #2 no #3 did you even read my posts? Which one is negative - with the exception of this one?

Dalton said:

Come on the Mullet videos were great.:huh:

I'm ambivalent towards the Mullet. However, I do find a certain humor in pointing at Larry and laughing during the New Year's Day video as he beats his single snare. It just cracks me up. Ooooh, the 80s. Oh, shit I forgot about "All I Want is You." This was a good'n too.

UnforgettableLemon said:

I'm ambivalent towards the Mullet. However, I do find a certain humor in pointing at Larry and laughing during the New Year's Day video as he beats his single snare. It just cracks me up. Ooooh, the 80s. Oh, shit I forgot about "All I Want is You." This was a good'n too.

LOL yeah I love the New Years Day video

I am listening to the Actung Baby outtakes right now. I would love to see some videos of this stuff.

The edge is a bad, bad man....

Some that I like...
Stay
Unforgettable Fire
Celebration
One (bar one best)
Discoteque (funny)
Numb (funny)
Elevation (funny)
Stuck in a moment (Brazil version)

QUOTE]Originally posted by Dalton

#1 yes #2 no #3 did you even read my posts? Which one is negative - with the exception of this one?
[/QUOTE]

Gee, lets see. The titles to the two other threads on here.

#1 U2 songs I hate (yeah thats really positive!)
#2 Now that U2 have sold their souls to the man

Dalton said:

Which ones do you think are pretty good?

I would say the Streets video is their best and I think one of the One:wink: videos is pretty good.

What else HMKMKMTM?

Gloria is such a great video. All of the videos featuring the mullet are brilliant by virtue of the mullet. Numb is hilarious. Beautiful Day is pretty damn good. I could go on and on. The only one I really dislike is the US Stuck video, and I know there's a couple of others that don't interest me but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

Blue Room said:
QUOTE]Originally posted by Dalton

[/QUOTE]

Again did you READ my posts? Obviously not.

U2 songs I hate was crazy positive about the new album. There are songs that U2 have written that I don't like. They are not that concerned - neither am I.

The other thread is purely tongue in cheek, if you can't see that you have problems that will not be solved on this forum.

Dalton said:

What does the Celebration one look like? I don't know that I have ever seen that.

If I remember correctly (it's been a while since I've watched it), the video for A Celebration features the band in a prison in Ireland. Some great mullet shots.

Axver said:

Gloria is such a great video. All of the videos featuring the mullet are brilliant by virtue of the mullet. Numb is hilarious. Beautiful Day is pretty damn good. I could go on and on. The only one I really dislike is the US Stuck video, and I know there's a couple of others that don't interest me but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

I like the BD video cause I love the band, but I don't think it is a very good video. Good performance and the plane was cool, but the rest of it was pretty bland to me. Espcially cause the song is so amazing.

Dalton said:

Again did you READ my posts? Obviously not.

U2 songs I hate was crazy positive about the new album. There are songs that U2 have written that I don't like. They are not that concerned - neither am I.

The other thread is purely tongue in cheek, if you can't see that you have problems that will not be solved on this forum. [/B][/QUOTE]

:lol: AGAIN, read my post. I asked why your thread titles focused on the negative. Its clear they do whether you mean it or not. You are taking it way to personally here. I simply asked why? Is there a reason?

Yup, that's the one. For an old video I kinda like the setting...it was something different from the other stuff back then.

I also like A sort of Homecoming...

Axver said:

If I remember correctly (it's been a while since I've watched it), the video for A Celebration features the band in a prison in Ireland. Some great mullet shots.

Blue Room said:

:lol: AGAIN, read my post. I asked why your thread titles focused on the negative. Its clear they do whether you mean it or not. You are taking it way to personally here. I simply asked why? Is there a reason?

LOL is right. You can just admit it sis, you were a bit unsettled so you swooped in to correct. You realized you made an ass of yourself and now you are backtracking. Its cool, don't worry about it.

But to answer your question, I get tired of posts coming from the same angle all the time, so I switched it up a bit.

You can chalk it up to a crazy friday if you would like. I live to serve.

Dalton said:

LOL is right. You can just admit it sis, you were a bit unsettled so you swooped in to correct. You realized you made an ass of yourself and now you are backtracking. Its cool, don't worry about it.

But to answer your question, I get tired of posts coming from the same angle all the time, so I switched it up a bit.

You can chalk it up to a crazy friday if you would like. I live to serve.

Whatever you say! I didnt correct anything. Thats what I asked. You know I live in GR also. If you would like to discuss in person I would be happy to do so.

Back
Top Bottom