Why do people collect ticket stubs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Collecting is just a reflection of your personality. I used to collect issues of newspapers and magazines connected to major events -- stuff like September 11th, and Pierre Trudeau's death (former Canadian prime minister). I think I was archiving it for a time capsule, but I've since moved on.

I also have a Cabbage Patch Kid named Paul that I was once partial to :shh:

Ticket stubs...I like 'em. To, me, they're like postcards from the past, only better, if you're a music fan. I had a family friend show me his collection one day, and I was completely enthralled; he had stubs from the Stones, Pink Floyd, and many other classic bands that he and his wife saw in person. I thought it would be neat to actually search out a bootleg recording for every ticket stub he had...it would be quite a collection.

People collect things for any number of reasons. Some for the memories, others in the hopes of future profit. To each thier own.

You could ask why people were so keen on collecting the confetti that came down during cobl..I mean, it's just a silly piece of worthless plastic, right?
But for them, it's something special....

I still have most of the ticket stubs to any shows/events I've atteneded since I was little.And of course, the stubs from my u2 show. :love:

I also have more beanie babies then I'd care to admit to.:reject:
I have no idea what I'll do with them, most of them are stored away right now...maybe give them away to a charity or something....

I still think they're cute though. :shh:

I've always been a collector. As a kid I collected Beatle stuff. My u2 collection started out from buying a pin for my neice. When I got it from an ebayer, I thought it was cool. Well, my collection has grown to u2 pins, keychains, postcards, patches, autographs, posters, magazines, books, et. I'm talking thousands...It's a curse

I keep all my U2 ticket stubs in my Lingerie drawer. Everyday when i get dressed i open up the drawer and I fell better knowing they are there. :happy:

Back
Top Bottom