Why do I even bother....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bayernfc

Refugee
have you ever heard anyone say, after hearing "Please", I need more SOPHISTICATION in a song? and this from a guy who listens to 3-doors-down. Why do I even bother talking about music with these people?

*end of rant, back to overdue exam work*

It's like people who say The Joshua Tree is boring ...

Twits.

You know what alarms me? There are seriously people out there who have not heard Where The Streets Have No Name.

Some people are in desperate need of a musical education.

Just wondering... what exactly is a sophisticated song? :shrug:

and then there are others who say they're big fans but don't know any other songs except beautiful day. There's nothing wrong with not being a fan, so why lie about it just to sound enthusiastic?

The thing is, Please IS sophisticated. But if you're living on a diet of 3 Doors Down, then I think that severely damages your hearing...

:sigh:

What "Please" might apparently lack in musical structure/sophistication to non-U2 fans, it more than makes up for that apparent deficit within its brilliant and thought-provoking lyrics, IMO.

bayernfc said:
have you ever heard anyone say, after hearing "Please", I need more SOPHISTICATION in a song?

"Here, listen to some Mozart!"

If he'd said that about "Wild Honey", I could see it, but "Please"? That is a subtle, delicate work, a beautiful heartfelt plea for peace. What's so unsophisticated about it? :eyebrow:

Personally, I think he said that to cover up his own lack of understanding about it.

all my friends , execpt maybe 1 cant stand U2.

i'll put on a cd when there around , and I guarrente it will out of the cd player with 30 seconds
i most people i know either Love U2's music or hate it alltogether.
then again i really what all the techno shit that they listen to.
people are allowed diffrent tastes though i guess.....i seem to be making no sense tonight?...better stop now.....

I have no problem with people not liking stuff
even if this stuff is U2
but if you do feel the need to give a reason for it then at least make up something plausible

I could understand it if someone would say they don't think Please has a great musical hook that attracts him/her to the song (even though I don't really agree with that either, but hey) but to say Please lacks sophistication just shows that you don't really know what you are talking about

Salome said:
I could understand it if someone would say they don't think Please has a great musical hook that attracts him/her to the song (even though I don't really agree with that either, but hey) but to say Please lacks sophistication just shows that you don't really know what you are talking about

Exactly. You cannot find another song like that out there easily, no way. It might not be catchy enough for many (thank God) but it?s definitely and outstanding song.

Cheers
MT

I completely agree! People are definitely free to listen to whatever they choose, and I haven't the slightest problem with that, but if you're willing to make a comment, don't just trash the first song that you don't understand!

by the way, thanks for listening to my little *sleepless-over caffeinated-examtime* rant! :)

Back
Top Bottom