Why did Mysterious Ways on the Slane dvd make me cry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zootvc15

The Fly
I have been moved to tears countless times by U2's music, but I can't figure this one out. I just got around to watching the extra stuff on the dvd, and I have no idea why, but when Bono danced with Eve, I just started bawling my eyes out. Is that wierd? Did it have that kind of effect on anyone else? I couldn't tell if it made me happy, or sad, or what. I don't even know why I'm posting this... oh well...

It's not weird at all. The first time I watched it I cried as well; mostly because I was overwhelmed by how precious they were on stage. Especially loved when Bono was hugging Eve. :cute:

In fact, I've watched the performance at least over 20 times already and still get misty eyed.

Though, I wish it wasn't a bonus track. I'd love to see it meshed in with the rest of the concert.

Does anyone know where I can find the original set list for the concert? I'm curious as to which songs it was played between.

Personally, I like when he tries to sing AIWIY to Ali, only to be doused with a bucket of water, lol!

And Edge looked pretty misty-eyed himself during the beginning of Streets.

I think WOWY during the Aug. 21 Earl's Court concert is a U2 tear-jerker. I wasn't there, but it seems (though the quality of the video bootleg isn't all that great) that Bono's pretty torn up during that song. He steps away from the mic at the end to let the audience finish it. It's one of those situations where you listen to a song you've heard thousands of times, but the lyrics take on a whole new meaning.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Personally, I like when he tries to sing AIWIY to Ali, only to be doused with a bucket of water, lol!

And Edge looked pretty misty-eyed himself during the beginning of Streets.

I think WOWY during the Aug. 21 Earl's Court concert is a U2 tear-jerker. I wasn't there, but it seems (though the quality of the video bootleg isn't all that great) that Bono's pretty torn up during that song. He steps away from the mic at the end to let the audience finish it. It's one of those situations where you listen to a song you've heard thousands of times, but the lyrics take on a whole new meaning.

I was there and yes it was. Before then I would have been happy for them not to have played WOWY but the performance that night (with the nod to Joy Division) was incredible - as good as the JT performances I used to watch on video (I was too young at the time to be allowed to go to the concerts!)

bayernfc said:
by the way.... I've been looking for that Earl's court bootleg all over the place!! :help: please!!!!
I bought it from a fella in Camden (london) who sells boots out of a suitcase. Where do you live? If you can't get it I can sent it to you for a while. It's a classic bootleg video - brings back the memories and the 'moments' from the night much better than a pro shot could. Then again if you've had a few pints it can be a bit too bouncy:huh:

MW on Slane affects me. It makes me think of my Dad who died when I was 14 and never got witness my total obsession with rock and roll. Also my name is Eve so when Bono says "Let's hear it for little Eve" I am like wait? Is he talking to me. Also she is just such a cutie if I was 10 years old in front of 80,000 people I would have froze up and not been able to move it was just JOY through and through.

Back
Top Bottom