why did Edge change the solo for bullet the blue sky?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shaun vox

New Yorker
on zootv(and now) edge plays a kick arss guitar solo, so why did he not like the original (album version) guitar solo, why did he want to change it?

Because it's common for people to expand upon studio versions of songs when they are played live.

it's the same thing with one, that also has an expanded verse at the end, same thing as wowy. Allmost all U2 songs are different played live, than appeared on the album.

They all have a point. Walk On live also has dozens of "Hallelujah"'s at the end (although, the version on U2-7 sort of has something similar so who knows.

I think they just change the songs around a bit so they don't get too bored with them. I mean, how many times can you play the same songs over and over without getting tired of them. Escpecially songs that you've been playing for years. I think that's why they changed Streets for Popmart. :shrug:

The ZOOTV solo in Bullet always blows me away. That's my favorite version. I also love the ZOOTV version of Running To Stand Still. But, I like the reworked version of The Fly from the last tour.

I think he started taking guitar lessons with Slash around before the zootv tour began.

So we know it's not just a recording?
Because it's fun?
Because he's a rock musician and not a classical one?
Because he thought we might enjoy it?

lost poet

why doesnt bono wear the same socks when he is singing 'where the streets have no name' in concert as he did when he recorded the album cut?

the only good reason is they dont match the black leather pants.

Back
Top Bottom