Why debate Native Son vs. Vertigo, when you can have both!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
Presenting Native Son [The Vertigo Mix]

Took the parts I liked from each and mixed them fairly seamlessly together. Kept the raw energy from Son mixed with the better-structured verses from Vertigo. I'm sure they at least used some of the same tracks for each song considering they match up almost exactly save for a few seconds here and there.

192kb/s MP3, enjoy!
http://tinyurl.com/466gt
http://tinyurl.com/62e52

Last edited:
damn, its real good. real good. I have taken out the original from my HTDAAB playlist and put it in there.

You should've worked the Mullen Apology in there somewhere.

Right channel: "FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE--"
Left channel: "I'd...like to apologize..."

(It does sound great, though. I like how it never loses momentum, like "Vertigo" does during the middle eight or "Native Son" does during the verses.)

Last edited:
Mate, your mixes are freakin' AWESOME.

Quality stuff.

So, are you going to do a Xanax And Fast Cars mix?

I also think blending the two All Because Of You versions might prove interesting..

wow, this is crazy cool... too bad the lyrics are kind of all over the place now... but, whatever.. it's awesome :D

i just don't really like how "all of this..." and "FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" overlap eachother... otherwise.. top notch! :D

Indeed very nice job...
Really wanna hear your
"All Because Of You" Milkshake Mix
Keep on trucking

Hey Canadiens, now that was lot of fun! Your mix is great. How about a combo between Xanax and either version of Fast Cars?! As others have mentioned a combo between the 2 ABOYs. And why not the 2 Yahwehs, the Sometimes (album) & Sometimes (DVD acoustic), and Crumbs (album) & Crumbs (DVD alternate version)? Lots of potential! And who knows maybe there's another a gem somewhere in there.

P.S. Have you heard the Stuck combo between the album and acoustic versions? If not shoot me an e-mail and I'll send it to you johnsoltis4@yahoo.ca

Great...

Would be even greater if you could bring the guitars a bit forward in and around the "FREEEEEE" part....

namkcuR said:
*bump*

What kind of software is used to make mixes like this(nice mix btw)?
I use an audio editing program called ACID 3.0 Pro. It is nowhere near professional stuff like Protools, but it lets you do quite a lot, I usually have it around since I record my own stuff.

The mixing of the two tracks required pasting them both in the program on separate tracks, a bit of cutting and adjusting for time, and then getting the fades back and forth from each track working so you can't really tell that one is going away and the other coming in.

I was messing with Yahweh today, still a long ways off from anything complete:

Back
Top Bottom