Why Bono wear shades

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DPrinceNY

War Child
Aside from the "cool" factor I heard somewhere that bono had some problems with his eyes before and was required to wear shades. Anyone know the story behind this?

He's been quoted as saying his eyes would turn bloodshot after drinking wine, due to an allergy, so he'd cover them up with glasses. That's about it.

As Bun would say, "Because can."

:wink:

(and if you don't know what I'm talking about, you need to head over to atu2 and read the Achtoon Baby cartoons.)

WinnieThePoo said:
maybe he's a cybernetic organism,
living tissue over a metal endoskeleton and all that shit

:wink:

hahahaha first time i saw that i thought it said "cybernetic orgasm"

i was like wtf!

old blue eyes is back :wink:

Re: reply

wizard2c said:
Does anyone really care?

:|

BUN CARE;;;;BONO SHADES BUN LIKE;;;;;;;;;;;;BUN CLICK BUN BUY BONO SHADES FROM INTERFERENCE LINK;;;;

Okay, I'll give the Bun thing a rest. :wink: Bun is so fun. But I agree - who really does care? They're sunglasses, for goodness' sake. We all wear them.

BUN LIKE SHADES';;;;;; MAKE BONO LOOK YOUNG LIKE LARRY EXCEPT NO WAX CHEST';;;;;

This is a really old thread, but...

Has anyone checked to see if he wears a prescription? Maybe he's near sighted and needs slight correction but not enough for contacts? I bet someone knows out there?

He started wearing them in the nineties as a parody of the stereotypical rock star, and he forgot the parody part, I guess.

typhoon said:
He started wearing them in the nineties as a parody of the stereotypical rock star, and he forgot the parody part, I guess.
That's the funny part. The vain part is his eyebags.

Back
Top Bottom